Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

I wonder how much of the shortage has to do with more people reloading now? I mean when shooters couldn't find loaded ammo on the shelves, they decided to but reloading equipment to load their own. I've been shooting heavily since 04 or so, but didn't start reloading until after 08 after the original ammo and gun shortage

Well, add me to that list, I didn't want to be at the whim of what I could possibly find so I started reloading (plus, I got into 300 BLK which is another reason to reload) and quickly learned that I had to seek out components instead. But, I am able to build loads more tailored for my needs and can buy quality components and build ammo that is better than anything I can buy.

Lots of people got into reloading in the past few years, for some of the same reasons I did. What I'd like to see is what Dillon/Hornady/RCBS/Lee's sales have been yearly for the past ten years.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try TG @ $NZ70 /lb and N320 @ $NZ90/lb.

Our powder come via USA and it is just shipping and profit added on top of what you guys pay. For some reason the ADI (Australian) powders, like Clays, are not much cheaper. Never had much luck in 38Super open Action Pistol with Clays but works OK in metallic sight loads.

Coatesy

This was my local place yesterday. They had already sold out ofthe 8# jugs of BE and Unique. It is staying on the shelves longer, and coming back in sooner though. Now if only i could find some HP38 or 231 there I'd be good to go.

15107104574_2bce1ec6e3_b.jpg
20141105_172924 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

15542201420_699d76b16b_b.jpg
20141105_172913 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

I caught 3rd generation in stock and got 8 single pounders of to regroup on the way. Could have ordered 10, but decided to leave some for the next guy. I'm fairly new to reloading so this well be my first run with titegroup. I may actually sell 2 or 3 pounds of it to someone from my club since I've got some 8 lbers backordered through grads.

I may have a small glimmer of hope for us reloaders. Just stop by Bass Pro in my area and they are holding Bulleye in the back (1 lb'ers.)

I observed a shopper receiving 2 bottles. I asked if there was any left ,the employee went in the back and came out with 2 bottles and asked if I need more.

wow, that's a Sportsmans warehouse???

No, it is a local gun shop that has four stores in NE Ohio. I have posted similar pics in this thread.

If you are looking for some tite group the Ashland store has 4 and 8 pound containers. They have a ton of Alliant powders and had a few 700x and 800x pound sizes. I was told they get hodgdon and imr powders about once a month so I'm going to check a few times a week with them.