Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320

JGus

Any one that can't figure out how to shoot it well , sell it , and buy what you think you want next . . Life's to short to worry about it . Some people will shoot most any trigger well with only a few rounds down range . Others never figure it out something new if its different .

I take snap caps with me to a gun store so pulling trigger does not become a surprise at home !

Where did anyone say that they can't figure out how to shoot it well?

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe I should have added if you "complain" about the trigger that normally means you don't shoot it as well as you could . So my bad maybe ! BUT the trigger is something that can be tried out in the gun shop when you handle one . And reviews I read about the trigger were spot on with what I found in the models I handled so its not a surprise . The trigger take up does smooth up with rounds down range or dry firing also .

Good morning, all,

I've had my P320c for a couple months now, and the more I shoot it the more I like it. The trigger pull on mine is excellent. Heavier than my Glocks from the factory, but the smooth, fairly short take up and crisp release with almost no over travel and a great reset has me hooked. I've only shot 650 round thru it, 1/2 9mm and 1/2 40S&W, but it's my new favorite gun. The accuracy in both calibers is bettered only by a USP40, and oddly another HK, a P30L 9mm. But not by much....probably due to my lackluster skills rather than the gun.

I'll admit the trigger is heavier, but every other aspect of the trigger is so nice, I don't mind, or really notice it. It's a far better trigger than a factory M&P or factory XD in my opinion, both of which personally I don't like at all.

Gun preference is like ice cream preference, everybody has the flavor they love (and a few we all hate!!), but this is my new favorite. I still enjoy the others, but this gun appeals to my taste.

Warmest regards,

Rob

So Max posted on his FB page a Sig P320 Target model and Max P320 model will come out next year. Any Team Sig members have any insight on these models?

So Max posted on his FB page a Sig P320 Target model and Max P320 model will come out next year. Any Team Sig members have any insight on these models?

You might have noted in that post that Bruce Gray mentioned that he would see Max at SIG as well. To say that SIG is listening to its competition shooters on the design might be an understatement. It's not for me to discuss details but if you could make a wish list of what you would like to see then there is a good chance that the things on your list are being incorporated. The current P320 is awesome but "you ain't seen nothing yet."

Alma, have you been involved in the discussions for the P320 Target and Max P320? Or any other Team Sig shooters?

Yes. Bruce Gray is heavily involved (he is at SIG today as a matter of fact) and testing and input from the Team SIG along with much of his work is helping to shape the upcoming competition model. I don't know it by the names Max mentioned but I guess what it is called is less important than what it will be.

The flat trigger is nice for proper finger placement but does nothing internally. Break is good and crisp, but heavier than my G34s. With the sight upgrade it is not hard to shoot precisely, but I have not tried and spits on close targets yet. Just got it a few days ago.

unless they are going to make the target or max model with a longer slide why bother?

Yeah, that was kind of my thought, too. Just speculation, but maybe the P320 Target will be 5" with fiber optic front sight, and maybe the Max P320 will be the Target model with an improved trigger and stippled grips? Or maybe you they will offer both a 4.7" and 5" version?

Just all speculation at this point. But curious as to what the difference will be between the Target model and Max model?

I would like to see something different. I like my 320, but I like heavy guns more, such as the Sig 226ST for competition, I would like to see Sig come out with a stainless steel frame. It should be relatively easy as the slide rides on the Fire Control Unit, so the slide to frame fit is not critical. A heavy striker SIG, I like it, I want it.

I hope they remove mass from the slide of the FS, and any longer models.

What is up with followers in the 9 FS magazines -- I have one mag with a black follower that doesn't lock back reliably in dry fire, and my other 9 FS mags have gray followers. (My compact 9 mags have black followers and compact .357/.40 mags have gray followers.)

I decided to give the P320 another run at the range. I was pretty disappointed my first time out, based on all the positive reviews I had seen. Yesterday I went to the range to function test a variety of pistols and so I tossed the P320 into the mix and decided to give it another try. I am glad I did! Even though the gun appears to be more violent, when compared side by side with other pistols I am comfortable with, the results were similar to those of my Shadow Custom. I am beginning to see what people like about this pistol. When you factor in the cost, it is a real bargain. I plan on running it through it's paces a bit more, but at this point, I have done a complete 180 with respect to my feelings about this pistol.

What is up with followers in the 9 FS magazines -- I have one mag with a black follower that doesn't lock back reliably in dry fire, and my other 9 FS mags have gray followers. (My compact 9 mags have black followers and compact .357/.40 mags have gray followers.)

If you compare with similar guns the P320 actually has a very light slide. Looking internally it's easy to see that a lot of weight has been removed already. I am in the camp that wouldn't mind seeing the slide with a slightly heavier weight to see how that changes the performance.

I have magazines with black and grey followers and can't tell a difference. With mine the black followers are in older magazines and my new ones have grey followers.

Speaking about followers I can try to describe my experimentation with extended basepads for 3 Gun if anyone is interested. I am currently getting a reloadable 23 rounds with some work. 22 is easy and reliable.

What are u getting 22 in? I need some base pads for 3 gun.

Taylor Freelance 140mm extensions and springs.

It looks like most M&P extensions fit just fine on the P320 magazines but because of the design of the grip frame module if there is a protrusion on the rear of the extension (like there is with the TTI extensions) then you would need to either modify a grip frame module to ensure clearance or modify the extension. The "first generation" of the Taylor Freelance also needs two notches cut out of the rear to ensure the two "wings" near the back of the grip frame module clear. Robin has said to address this in his second generation pad but I don't know his status there. My 3 Gun grip already had enough modification done to the mag well that I would have no issues running extensions like the TTI ones designed for the M&P if I wanted to run them.

With the Taylor Freelance "P320" extensions, Taylor Freelance springs, and the stock follower I was getting 21 rounds. Cutting down about 3/16th of an inch from the outside of the stock follower was giving me a reloadable 22 rounds with Taylor Freelance springs. For 23 I am using the new style CZ Customs TS springs and a heavily modified CZC TS follower. I am still messing with those to find a sweet spot that allows reliable lockback but otherwise they are running great with 23 rounds +1.

Before trying the Taylor Freelance I bought some Springer Precision +4 extensions which measure around 131mm when attached to the mag. Unfortunately I was only getting +2 1/2 or so with those extensions and the included springs. Springer demonstrated that he was getting +4 but for some reason I never could. Removing a bit of material from the stock follower did get me to a comfortable +3 rounds with the Springer Precision pads but I could only get a reliable +4 when using those TS springs and modified followers.

My advice would be to consider a dedicated grip frame module for 3 Gun and then modify it to open up the mag well and allow for clearance for any chosen 140mm extension designed for the M&P.

If you compare with similar guns the P320 actually has a very light slide. Looking internally it's easy to see that a lot of weight has been removed already. I am in the camp that wouldn't mind seeing the slide with a slightly heavier weight to see how that changes the performance.

Sent from my iPad

Interesting on the slide weight.

I continue to shoot the Compact slide better across a wide range of drills. Right now, my preferred combo is the full size lower and Compact slide.

I picked up a fs 9 320 from Kentucky gun co. They have excellent customer service for an online gun store btw. Other than the price my first impression hasn't been what I expected. Maybe because the hype on the threads is so high my expectations may have been too high. The trigger feels very gritty and not impressive to me, the reset matches the hype and is very nice. When I dry fire the back of the slide raises 1/16" or more. Is this common?

I hope some range time changes my initial opinion.

Cycles through the gun will clean it up some. It's also normal for a striker fired gun to do that, they all do. The striker assembly is held in place by a striker release plate, when that tension is released, slides move. I've seen it in every striker fired gun, every.

I finally had a chance to take the 320 out for a test ride today. After the first 15 or so rounds I shot for some groups and at 17yds I was able to put 5 almost all touching off a rest. Mine seems to be as accurate as they say and I was thoroughly impressed. I cannot remember what my g34 felt like stock but the 320 did seem to have a lot more snap than my 34, but after I got more used to it the sites settled well. I think I will like this gun when I can play with it some more. I tried to make it fail by running a few mags as quick as possible with cheap monarch ammo. The gun was 100 percent. I was only able to get 16 in the mag though, I didn't take the second mag out to try and see if I can fit 17 in it or not.