Sig P320

JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm guessing the game plan is to have all trigger work and comp parts done "in house' for a year or two, as payback for development etc.... then install some of the parts and basic tuning into the upcoming competition models, as factory avail.... and at some point when everyone has their fill, and they sell enough competition models, some drop in parts and .25 cent tuning instructions will start to surface for DIY.

Unless someone like Springer/Powder River/Apex comes out with a kit in the mean time.

Is there much chance of something coming out for the P320 similar to the Carver C-More mounts available for Glock/M&P/XDm? I'd really really like to get a full size (or preferably 5"+ long-slide model if they come out with one) to build a budget Open pistol, but the competition-grade frame-mounted optic is what makes or breaks the deal for me...

Is there much chance of something coming out for the P320 similar to the Carver C-More mounts available for Glock/M&P/XDm? I'd really really like to get a full size (or preferably 5"+ long-slide model if they come out with one) to build a budget Open pistol, but the competition-grade frame-mounted optic is what makes or breaks the deal for me...

You would have to ask Carver I guess. There will definitely be factory slides sold with micro red dots (SIG Romeo) installed from the factory. This is available but it's likely not the quality you are looking for http://store.sigsauer.com/bridge-mount.html

In case anyone was wondering of you can run the P320 as fast as other Production guns, here is a video of Yong Lee shredding with the P320 at a match last weekend.

Wow, Is there a way to see that in 1/2 speed? Maybe even 1/4? Might be instructive...

When using the Chrome browser in YouTube there is a speed option that allows you to slow the video down to 1/2 or 1/4 speed. It's under the settings gear just below the video.

You have to view the video directly from YouTube versus watching imbedded like it is above.

Picked up my full size P320 9mm yesterday and shot 150 rounds. This thing is fantastic. Better review to come. I'm really glad it lives up to the hype. I did some brief stoning on the engagement surfaces and the trigger breaks right at 5.5-6lbs. I bought the pistol on Bruce's recommendation at Bianchi, and he was spot-on. I ordered some LPA target sights for it that should be in this week.

RippinSVT What did you do to the trigger return spring. Mine is 5lb all by it self

I will mention that on the GGI worker over that the trigger return springs and the striker springs are stock with no coils cut or anything like that. While trying to get a trigger return spring off for disassembly I slightly bent and weakened it and it seemed to affect the disconnector function and reset in a pretty negative way. I am not saying that you can't work with those springs but it isn't necessarily the best thing to modify.

1) I just got a 320 in "Carry" configuration back from Robert Burke. He installed the 320 specific Dawson fiber optic sights, and did his competition trigger job. It took him just over a week. This is my second Carry, and the other has his carry, as opposed to competition trigger job, and Trijicon HD sights.

I continue to feel that I shoot the Carry better than the full size, that has FO sights and a Burke competition trigger.

2) The Dawson sights are shooting about two inches low at 25 with 147 ammo, and lower yet with 115 grain ammo. Studying the Dawson specs, the 320 sights have a .205 front and .200 rear sight notch. That compares with "regular" Dawson Sig P series sights that pair a .205 front with a .225 rear. Another consideration, is the 320 front is .100 wide and the rear is .135 wide. That is more space than I am used to, with a .10 difference on my Taran FO Glock sights and a .20 difference on others.

Here is my question, should I try to get a shorter front sight and stick with the 320 specific rear, or get a .115 or .125 width/.225 tall P series rear, which should solve POI and give me a tighter picture to help with longer range accuracy?

Edited by GJM

RippinSVT What did you do to the trigger return spring. Mine is 5lb all by it self

Nothing. I just pull the FCG and did some very light cleanup polishing wherever I saw/felt contact. I plan to completely go through it tomorrow and get particular. Like alma said, the spring design isn't real conducive to being "tweaked".

Also, has anybody had good luck with 115's in 9mm? The P320 is a 10-twist barrel, so it should prefer 124-147r bullets, but I've always loaded 115's for most of my stuff. I was getting 5" 50 yard benched groups with Atlanta Arms match ammo, which is unacceptable, and I've never seen that stuff shoot poorly. Of the five 115 loads I tested, the only one that shot really well was my 115XTP with 3.7gr Titegroup in Lapua brass...and nobody can afford to shoot that all the time lol. I guess I'll have to move to heavier pills for this gun, which does suck when my progressive is setup for 115's.

On a Compact slide 2" inches off at 25 yards would require a 0.0125" change in front sight height to hit correctly. You mentioned that you don't typically shoot the 147s so I would be happy to figure this number for the 115s if you want something specific to those.

I would change out the front sight height for the shorter Dawson. Looks like they have a 0.190T/0.0125W that might be just what you are looking for.

Sight/SIG/Front/P Series*/Opt/.190T/.125W/Ramped/*Except P210/P232/Tools Included

050-458

On a site note I don't know any Production shooters who prefer 115grs. I stick with the 147s but 124gr is very popular as well, especially in the heavier guns.

Alma, thanks for the fast reply.

My reload is a 124 in lower 48, but I am up in Alaska, shooting what I have available, which is mostly 115 ball.

Sounds like a .190 front would be ideal, and a .25 width difference sounds right. Do you have any problem with the .190x.125 being ramped instead of patridge?

Up here, it would be easier for me to change a rear instead of a front, as I can use my MGW tool. Is the 320 rear appreciably better on a 320, than the P series Dawson rear?

Thank you.

FYI the Apex flat faced triggers are for sale

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/192145

Thanks for posting. Been waiting for it to come out. Since my P320 is more of a range toy. Just ordered it as I am really not a fan of the current trigger, as I get a bit of trigger bite when I ran over a couple hundred rounds through it.

Edited by PalmBeach1

my SC shoots high at 70 feet off hand.

124 grain RWS Geco factory 9mm

i want to get some dawson's on there but not sure which ones to get.

You can try asking Dawson or Springer. Having measurements will help. How high are you now at 70'? I can give you an estimate of at least how much taller your front needs to be.