Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kneelingatlas

31 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

Can you share the video you sent to them?

If you need help posting the video, loadef up to YouTube and then send me the link in a PM. I can share here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sent...much appreciated.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone able to help with this?
Reached out to CGW, they stated to reset the trigger adjustment screw but thats not it at all.
Sent a video to them of the issue but no response....and I would like to get this resolved...
Not sure if its internal (all internals replaced with CGW goods) or hammer issue...
Here is RGC video guys. Hopefully one of you guys can help.

You need to fit the disco if you installed a new disconnect. Some of the disconnectors from the RRK needs a little bit of fitting. Go slow and make sure you try it after you remove some material. 

Also, check and make sure the trigger spring is in the channel of the trigger bar. You can check it using a flashlight by removing the grips so you have a full view of the trigger bar and spring.

Thanks.  On the first hammer "reset" or slight pull "click and set", when slide off the trigger bar moves up a tiny bit ... at that point the double action works fine.

So I will tear it down tomorrow night and see what I can come up with...thanks all.

But it could be the disconnector too, as mentioned.  The part where the trigger bar is supposed to 'pop' back up in front of the disco's 'lug', like in the animation below....

qYfWlpl.gif

Maybe a combination of both.  Did you purchase the correct disconnector for the Shadow 2?

18 hours ago, Feralshooter said:

It’s the disco. It is not allowing the trigger to fully reset in DA. The cure is to remove a little material from the back side of the “leg”. There are photos and descriptions either at the beginning of this thread or search “pre-b disco” threads. 

Think this is the culprit.  The Disco is hardened material so need to buy a much more resilient file....

On 3/26/2019 at 1:24 AM, Feralshooter said:

It’s the disco. It is not allowing the trigger to fully reset in DA. The cure is to remove a little material from the back side of the “leg”. There are photos and descriptions either at the beginning of this thread or search “pre-b disco” threads. 

this

also looks like you have there reach reduction kit installed. so trigger is not coming forward enough for the disconnector or if that is limited out, then the disconnector needs some adjustment. if RRK kit, then back out the top screw to allow the trigger to move forward.

Edited by eerw

43 minutes ago, RGC said:

So keep removing material off “wing” of Disco until the trigger bar drops on reset?

If by wing you mean the long part perpendicular to the body then yes, but the only from the face on the “inside” of the “wing”. Shortening the wing advances the DA break.

There are tabs on each side (or only on one side I’m the case of a cgw disco) that could be described as wings so wanted to be clear these aren’t the area that needs work. No special files are needed. Go slow and check often. You’ll be surprised how little needs to be removed. 

Ill try to dig out a spare disco to photograph. 

If by wing you mean the long part perpendicular to the body then yes, but the only from the face on the “inside” of the “wing”. Shortening the wing advances the DA break.
There are tabs on each side (or only on one side I’m the case of a cgw disco) that could be described as wings so wanted to be clear these aren’t the area that needs work. No special files are needed. Go slow and check often. You’ll be surprised how little needs to be removed. 
Ill try to dig out a spare disco to photograph. 
I found this pic posted earlier in the thread. Hope this helps.

9123b08978a0bbd18014d56e5399453b.jpg

49 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

I found this pic posted earlier in the thread. Hope this helps.

9123b08978a0bbd18014d56e5399453b.jpg

This is correct. A apologise as I got mixed up having not played with one for a few years. Disregard my previous posts. The photo above shows the solution. 

Is it possible for a hammer or sear to be "overly" fitted (for lack of a better term)? I'm perplexed by my match gun. 

It had been sent to one of the popular CZ gunsmith shops, they have done several of my guns with outstanding results, and works perfectly with match ammo. However, with an 11.5 spring, it won't reliably light Winchester or harder primers in practice ammo. My practice gun is a stock S2 with the 11.5 spring and lights everything. They both have extended firing pins and matching springs. The only difference then is the fitting and the CZC hammer in the match gun. Thus, I've narrowed it to 1) the hammer itself generating less force; or 2) the fitting of the parts. Thoughts?

On 3/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, Feralshooter said:

This is correct. A apologise as I got mixed up having not played with one for a few years. Disregard my previous posts. The photo above shows the solution. 

Edited by RGC

OK ... My turn ... I put the full CGW competition kit in my S2 and it all went together fine.  However, both SA and DA pulls will not drop the hammer.  In looking at the above pic regarding disco tuning, I don't see my issue listed.  Can someone tell me if the disco is the correct part to adjust or am I missing something.  To be clear, DA will cycle the hammer but not drop the trigger.  SA does not release the trigger.  Hoping to avoid unnecessary work ... any input is greatly appreciated!

Check the overtavel and pretravel screws first. Remove them and test the trigger operation again. If it still acts the same way as you described, then fitting of the disco is the next step.

Do the fitting and shave off bit by bit. Install/reinstall and test fit very time you remove a little bit of material. Good luck.

So I have begun to fit the disco ... several attempts but no difference in outcome.  I am now very proficient at reassembly.  The hammer stays back on SA but does not fully release.  DA cycles but does not release.  Am I going in the right direction?  Is it a hammer hook issue?  I will call CGW on Monday but any input is appreciated from the group.  

So I have begun to fit the disco ... several attempts but no difference in outcome.  I am now very proficient at reassembly.  The hammer stays back on SA but does not fully release.  DA cycles but does not release.  Am I going in the right direction?  Is it a hammer hook issue?  I will call CGW on Monday but any input is appreciated from the group.  
Did you try removing the pre and over travel screws on the trigger like George suggested?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close things out ... S2 is now perfect!

All done and all good!  Talked to CGW via email and they gave me some tips.  Trigger bar spring and further work on the disco.  I have the blue spring in now and will shoot it that way first.  Once I decide on ammo, I will swap in the black spring and see what I get.  Will run an 11# recoils spring.  Once I got the disco final fit, I took it out one more time and glass beaded the transitions and surfaces (lightly) and am getting a really smooth DA pull.  SA is crisp.  Reset is excellent.  Polished all surfaces as instructed (on all components).  Feels great. Functions perfectly.  Waiting for my buddy to mill the slide for the optic.  Will post pics when complete.