Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Putting on ELS belt - what's the secret?

So I got my ELS belt all setup last night. I love the modularity of the system and being able to quickly customize it for each stage. But what is everyone's secret to putting this thing on? I already removed the Safariland keeper and replaced it with one of my CR Speed keepers. That alone was a huge improvement. But whenever I try to put the belt on, I'm almost guaranteed to have the end of the belt stop so that the little metal poles are in between holes. And of course, since it's not a normal belt, simply cinching it tighter isn't an option. Has anyone learned a trick to making this process easier yet?

I have to make sure to really suck my gut in when putting on the inner belt. And, since I position the studs on the back, getting the belt aligned takes a bit of wiggling. Real problem is, those inner belts will shrink between matches, just like clothes shrink in the closet.

I have to make sure to really suck my gut in when putting on the inner belt. And, since I position the studs on the back, getting the belt aligned takes a bit of wiggling. Real problem is, those inner belts will shrink between matches, just like clothes shrink in the closet.

Hahahahha. So true! I quit drying my work shirts in the dryer because of that phenomenon! Stupid failing metabolism.

Just like putting a saddle on a horse. Get a friend ( Close One ) to get behind you, while you suck in he cinches you up tight. Can also stice the tip in the keeper.

:D

Yep, use the buddy system.

I’ve been thinking of cutting a few more holes in my belt to make it easier to line up, just have got one of “round tuits” needed for the job yet.

Ever noticed the amount of time it take to get the belt on and hitched up is inversely proportionate to the amount of time you have to hurry up and get to the first stage? :angry2:

Edited by GunCat

My solution was to never buy one in the first place. I could see how much of a PITA they were. I drilled out my CR speed belt and mounted the ELS brackets on that. Happiness!

Edited by MarkCO

So I got my ELS belt all setup last night. I love the modularity of the system and being able to quickly customize it for each stage. But what is everyone's secret to putting this thing on? I already removed the Safariland keeper and replaced it with one of my CR Speed keepers. That alone was a huge improvement. But whenever I try to put the belt on, I'm almost guaranteed to have the end of the belt stop so that the little metal poles are in between holes. And of course, since it's not a normal belt, simply cinching it tighter isn't an option. Has anyone learned a trick to making this process easier yet?

Mine was a PIA as well when I first got it. Once you've put it on a couple dozen times it goes on pretty smooth. You kinda get a feel of where the studs will go into the holes.

I wore it with the metal pegs behind me originally for the "more real estate" thing. It was annoying to get it on and lined up, although I did it just fine. Ended up turning the belt around and putting the pegs right on my centerline......very easy to line up holes from then on. ;)

And I didn't really lose any noticeable real estate and haven't had trouble carrying what I've needed to for any stages I've encountered over the course of the last 1+ years.

Although I probably should get a different belt keeper....the Safariland one is rather annoying in trying to tuck the belt end under it.

Edited by AustinWolv

I like the idea of the studs but have had the same issues as others. Trying to do it behind the back doesn't help either. I think I am going to reposition the clasp to be just behind my holster so I can at least see what's going on. I will let you know if that improves things. I am about ready to cut the factory keeper off and apply extra velcro at the overlap as well.

I kind of like the studs, but they overlap on the rear right side of me behind my holster since that is the only real empty spot on the belt.

Trying to line that up is a bit of a pain. As others noted, be sure the inner belt is tight

I'd tell you, but it's a secret. :roflol:

To be honest, I've never seen any sense for buckling in the back, that's just me. This is what works for me.

Inner belt is pulled tight.

I have the studs just in front of my right hip, the tail of the belt behind my right hip. I have a CR Speed keeper sewn on to the belt to hold the tail. My holster is between the studs and the keeper. With the stud area held in position, wrap the belt as tightly as possible around your waist. The studs should be real close to the correct holes. It may take a couple tries to get the belt tight enough to have the pins go into the correct holes. I think I have 9 recievers on the belt, from the front to as far as I can reach around my back.

The Safariland keeper is still there to anchor the belt in a loop when I take it off.

I also put the studs in front after a few frustrating attempts to get it on correctly. Im now considering moving them to one side as it seems to be a "little floppy" when I have 28 SG shells hanging off it, because ya have an overlap of the inner & outer belts there. Yesterday I mounted the inner belt off to my strong side, so the overlap was there instead of up front, it seemed to help. Think I will do the same for the outer belt ....

Just like putting a saddle on a horse. Get a friend ( Close One ) to get behind you, while you suck in he cinches you up tight. Can also stice the tip in the keeper.

:D

Well now.

Not sure I want this....at all

Once I figured a few things out the ELS belt is easy to put on. First make sure the inner belt is put on the same every time. I wrap mine around clockwise and use the little tag as a reference, lining it up with the other end of the belt.

Outer belt I line up the center caddie with my centerline and wrap it around counter clockwise. The studs end up at the position right behind my holster so I can put the belt on myself. I use the Safariland keeper, end of the belt lined up with the edge of the keeper. That's enough to keep it in place but I can still put it on easily myself.

elsbelt_zps6c466a31.jpg