Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why is 45 acp the only caliber you can shoot in CDP?

glocklover

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would we need to protect the 45? It protects me all day ;) also it blows up Nazi tanks. and it's just more fun to shoot than some limp ass 9mm. I was shooting a dueling tree for funnsies and the 9mm would barely move them, the 45 (barely major) slapped them side to side.

That's just baddass, and really what more reason do we need?

Who is "they"? What reasons would "they' have to be "scared" of a .40?

Because .40 shooters might win the hundreds of thousands of dollars that are awarded to winners every year in IDPA competition?

Because the .40 is so popular that all the top IDPA shooters would migrate to that caliber if it were allowed in CDP Division in IDPA?

Because .40 shooters would win all the matches, and as a result people would stop purchasing 9mm and .45 ACP pistols, ammo, and reloading components?

Your statement just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm willing to be open-minded if you would care to explain.

By the way . . . . . anyone can shoot .40 caliber pistols (and many do) in IDPA matches in divisions other than CDP.

I'll give you one reason they obviously are scared of it...because they won't let it play in CDP. If it's not that big of a deal as you do sarcastically put it then let it in.

As for shooting it in other divisions, what like ssp and ESP that's a minor PF division? There is only one division that factory PF ammo .40 fits and that's CDP.

So yeah scared is the correct term. Because obviously somebody is scared of something.

Corey:

But who? And of what? It's a .45 division, just like the revolver has divisions.

You got me on the sarcasm - I take it back.

But I can;t understand who would gain something (or what that something would be) if .40 or 10mm were allowed in CDP.

By the way, I'm agreeing that it doesn't make sense to not allow .40 or 10mm. I just can't see a conspiracy here, and can't picture one of those calibers dominating CDP division if they were allowed to play.

Edited by 45 Raven

It's a division intended for traditional 1911's... probably because there are too many 1911 traditionalists who are too stubborn to shoot anything else, lol!

Really? Hmmm see lots of 45 M&Ps and G21s (the 41 will be the GLOCK lovers CDP gun my prediction) and then there are the FNs in 45 and Sig 220s

It's not just limited to the 1911 in 45.

Corey:

But who? And of what? It's a .45 division, just like the revolver has divisions.

You got me on the sarcasm - I take it back.

But I can;t understand who would gain something (or what that something would be) if .40 or 10mm were allowed in CDP.

By the way, I'm agreeing that it doesn't make sense to not allow .40 or 10mm. I just can't see a conspiracy here, and can't picture one of those calibers dominating CDP division if they were allowed to play.

The powers that be is the only people I can assume is afraid of they allow .40 in it will over take .45...there is just no way. It just comes back around to, nobody can give me a good reason not to let it in but there is a boat load of reasons to let it in. FYI I still shoot my .40 SS I. ESP 8+1 major when I'm getting tooled up for a major USPSA match.

ESR isn't a .45 only division it's just that the 625 is the only one that makes sense.

When this Tiger Teams thing was announced a year plus ago, I mentioned that we could just go to 4 divisions:

1. MAJSAP (major power factored semi auto pistol)

2. MINSAP

3. MAJREV

4. MINREV

MAJSAP would be 165 PF plus and loaded to 8+1

MINSAP would be 125 to 164.99 PF loaded to 10+1

If you have a Colt Delta Elite, or a Kimber 10mm, or a Glock 20 you're just SOL.

When this Tiger Teams thing was announced a year plus ago, I mentioned that we could just go to 4 divisions:

1. MAJSAP (major power factored semi auto pistol)

2. MINSAP

3. MAJREV

4. MINREV

MAJSAP would be 165 PF plus and loaded to 8+1

MINSAP would be 125 to 164.99 PF loaded to 10+1

If you have a Colt Delta Elite, or a Kimber 10mm, or a Glock 20 you're just SOL.

Makes sense. They lowered the ssp times to faster than CDP times so they obviously think they are close enough.