Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new rule book?

rvb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, they are being mailed to all CRO's and higher at this time. I have not received mine yet though.

awesome, I'll be checking the mailbox. Would love to have the pdf available, too (ctrl-F much faster than thumbing through...).

Thanks!

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Rule book is at the printer, or was before I went to SHOT. We should be able to do you one better on the electronic version of the rule book. I believe the ETA on it is this spring.

Am I reading you right that the electronic version has an ETA of this spring? If the book is finalized and at the printer, why can't the electronic version be available TODAY?

-rvb

Rule book is at the printer, or was before I went to SHOT. We should be able to do you one better on the electronic version of the rule book. I believe the ETA on it is this spring.

Am I reading you right that the electronic version has an ETA of this spring? If the book is finalized and at the printer, why can't the electronic version be available TODAY?

-rvb

Well now don't start making sense

I read this as springtime for hard copy

Electronic will be sooner/ better..... Available on website ....

Didn't say the electronic PDF wouldn't be available before Feb 1. I said we'll have something better than just a PDF by Spring.

But you didn't say when it would be available either, you response was cryptic either by accident or choice.

ok, so if "something better" is coming along, eg an app, that's great! But I think we'll still need a pdf as I'm quite sure not all members have smart phones or tablets. One doesn't preclude the other. And better yet, a pdf could be available TODAY if the actual hardcopy books are in print. The development of "something better" shouldn't shouldn't be a reason to prevent the membership from having access to the rules NOW. The rules can be released, go into effect, and sometime later if an app comes out, hey, cool!

CTRL+P. That's all I'm asking for..... I don't see why the membership has to wait to see the complete rules

-rvb

ok, so if "something better" is coming along, eg an app...

CTRL+P. That's all I'm asking for..... I don't see why the membership has to wait to see the complete rules

I don't want an app; I want something I can use on any platform I have, and pdf fills that bill. Apple OS X: cmd-P to get the 'print' window, then click 'pdf' and select 'Save as PDF...' on the resulting pulldown menu. It just works. If you still have the printer alignment marks along the edges, don't worry about that; we'll take it. Send it to me and I'll crop them out and send it back. (I've done that before for USPSA on past rulebooks!)

Seems like we have a hard deadline of Jan 31st to get this on the website if they're meant to be effective Feb 1st.

Rules go into effect Feb 1st.

On Feb 1st will there be a way to see these rules?

An app would be awesome...but as others have said a PDF is good.

And they should be mailed to RO's as well as CRO's. Why would they not be?

Edited by whitedog