Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 41-practical .45ACP and GLOCK-42 .380

Kimbertarget

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Gen 3 G20 with a 6" LW barrel is what I carry most days, up here in the woods. I hope the G40 is a 10mm version of the 41.

I have to believe most of Glock's competition was peeing themselves over the prospect of a single-ish stack 9mm from Glock. When G announced "only" a 380, I'll bet there was a huge collective sigh and lots of marketing execs went out for a beer.

Mark

I was able to fondle both today at local LE Glock dealer. I ordered both.

LE pricing from them was 41 = $480 42 = $319

Im going blue program as well,gunbroker is over retail $700 for the GLOCK-41. We dont have any down here in FLORIDA yet.

Anyone have physically seen one in person yet locally?

I played with both the 41 and 42 yesterday. The 41 has me interested for a duty carry weapon. I can pick up the additional sight radius at the same weight as my 21. The 42 would definitely interest me if it was a 9mm. The 42 is smaller than a S&W shield and would be a great backup, if it were not 380.

the glock 41 is interesting me more and more... the slimmer slide sounds really nice

I just hope they can accomplish the same thing with 10mm

So, has anybody at SHOT show had a chance to ask the question to Glock about a 10 mm like the 41?

the glock 41 is interesting me more and more... the slimmer slide sounds really nice

I just hope they can accomplish the same thing with 10mm

So, has anybody at SHOT show had a chance to ask the question to Glock about a 10 mm like the 41?

I am very interested in knowing if Glock has said anything about it but I am wondering if the slim slide will handle the hotter 10mm loads

I am also curious as to if any existing holsters will work with the Glock 41

• 2 weeks later...

I am also curious as to if any existing holsters will work with the Glock 41

I was hoping the BladeTech holster I'm using for my G34 would work. Doesn't the G41 have the same slide dimensions at the G34/G35? If so it "should" work.

-Cuz.

I saw a 42 the other night. It is significantly bigger than its main competitors in the 380 pocket pistol market. From what I saw they are reliable accurate shooters. I think Glock could sell boat loads of 42s in 9mm. The 380 model, not so much. I would snap one up if it was in 9mm.

Edited by Bart Solo

I am working the GSSF match in Orlando this weekend. I was very surprised that I saw so many Glock 41's already out in the field. I was able to handle one and I have to admit...it is nice. I might have to get one.

I also got my hands on the 42 and I have to say WOW. I used to be a big fan of the Glock, but have switched over to the M&P's. I have the M&P Shield also, but after shooting this, I will now have to get one. I really don't need it, but it is too nice to not get.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to shoot both of these at a local match today. They are Glocks that go bang every time, but nothing more to me. I can see owning the 42 easily. The dimensions led me to believe it was bigger than my Kahr CM9, but the 42 is much nicer in the pocket. I don't see owning the 41 unless I get a smoking deal on one.

The G41 would make an excellent choice for an L10 division pistol for those like me who still shoot 45acp. I'm in the market for one should they make their way into NYS at some point this spring/summer.

Edited by Chuck D

I am working the GSSF match in Orlando this weekend. I was very surprised that I saw so many Glock 41's already out in the field. I was able to handle one and I have to admit...it is nice. I might have to get one.

I also got my hands on the 42 and I have to say WOW. I used to be a big fan of the Glock, but have switched over to the M&P's. I have the M&P Shield also, but after shooting this, I will now have to get one. I really don't need it, but it is too nice to not get.

Interesting. I worked the same match, just Saturday morning though, and didn't see a single 41. The only 42 I saw was Dover shooting Friday before the match.

I was very unhappy to see Glock release the .380 instead of a single stack 9mm. I don't see a huge marked for the Glock 42. I'll stick to carrying my G36 and my Kahr PM9 over a 42.

I think it's a trick. Release the .380 first, sell a huge pile of them (they are selling like hotcakes), and when things slow down, release the 9mm version to start the feeding frenzy all over again.

I am liking that G41 more and more

I'd like to see people do production with it

.45 minor anyone?

I'm curious as to what people are doing with the sights. I see this as being a great candidate for an adjustable rear but I do not know what works in terms of height. Anyone try it with G21 sights or have any input on what they did?

I also do not understand why people are buying the 42. Nearly every review I have seen has encountered issues and it isn't exactly very small for a .380. Glock could have knocked this out of the park with a 9mm but instead did not listen to the majority of customers and made it a .380 to compete for a market that peaked in 2008-2009. Right now the Walther PPS just looks like a way better option and it has been around for a bit which is surprising.

I am voting with my wallet on this one: thumbs up G41 and thumbs down G42. I find this ironic because I had thought the opposite prior to hearing the G42 would not be a 9mm.

Being a Glock fan can be frustrating sometimes

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

• 4 weeks later...

I also do not understand why people are buying the 42. Nearly every review I have seen has encountered issues and it isn't exactly very small for a .380. Glock could have knocked this out of the park with a 9mm but instead did not listen to the majority of customers and made it a .380 to compete for a market that peaked in 2008-2009. Right now the Walther PPS just looks like a way better option and it has been around for a bit which is surprising.

Being a Glock fan can be frustrating sometimes

I would bet its a marketing ploy to sell lots of guns. They introduce the 380, sell tons and create some hype for the 9mm. I bet next year you will see the 9mm.

Edited by sheepdog566