Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 41-practical .45ACP and GLOCK-42 .380

Kimbertarget

I also do not understand why people are buying the 42. Nearly every review I have seen has encountered issues and it isn't exactly very small for a .380. Glock could have knocked this out of the park with a 9mm but instead did not listen to the majority of customers and made it a .380 to compete for a market that peaked in 2008-2009. Right now the Walther PPS just looks like a way better option and it has been around for a bit which is surprising.

Being a Glock fan can be frustrating sometimes

I would bet its a marketing ploy to sell lots of guns. They introduce the 380, sell tons and create some hype for the 9mm. I bet next year you will see the 9mm.

I hope so

I would probably buy one if it worked reliably. Accuracy with the small Glocks seems to be unreal from my personal experience. Best groupings at 25 yards that I have gotten have been with the G26! Imagine that!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also do not understand why people are buying the 42. Nearly every review I have seen has encountered issues and it isn't exactly very small for a .380. Glock could have knocked this out of the park with a 9mm but instead did not listen to the majority of customers and made it a .380 to compete for a market that peaked in 2008-2009. Right now the Walther PPS just looks like a way better option and it has been around for a bit which is surprising.

Being a Glock fan can be frustrating sometimes

I would bet its a marketing ploy to sell lots of guns. They introduce the 380, sell tons and create some hype for the 9mm. I bet next year you will see the 9mm.

I hope so

I would probably buy one if it worked reliably. Accuracy with the small Glocks seems to be unreal from my personal experience. Best groupings at 25 yards that I have gotten have been with the G26! Imagine that!

I think it’s interesting that the G41 weighs less than the G21 by a couple ounces, when it is the opposite for the other competition models vs their standard size counterpart.

The other models did not start out with a fat slide like the G21.