Accu-Shadow on Approved Production List

rgkeller

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI all as I was about to send my SP01 Shadow in for the retrofit, I had asked cz custom if the retrofit was production legal and they recommended that I ask the rule makers so I emailed Mr. Amidon. It sounds like a retrofit isn't legal because the only milling of the slide that is legal is for sight replacement. Here is his response. Cut and paste email below.

Seth,

Sorry on the delay but I have been traveling for a BOD meeting and when I

got home my internet router was shot and ordered a new one, have two

machines up and running so I will give you a quick response to your inquiry.

Mostly what you state is true, however, if the retrofit changes the barrel

length for the specific model, it would not be allowed per 21.3 and if the

slide needs to be milled, that would fall into 21.3b and that states it can

be done but for sights only.

John

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:52 PM

To: dnroi@uspsa.org

Subject: Fwd: Accushadow bushing

I wasn't sure if this got lost in the inbox over the weekend so I'm re

sending, the Enos forum indicated that you usually respond within 24 hours.

Just to verify. Now that the CZ SP-01 Accushadow is a production legal gunper D4 21.6 would allow another CZ SP-01 Shadow to be retrofitted with the

bushing and still be production legal. As the bushing is an OEM part from

another approved gun model.

Thank you

Seth Ritzman

Are there any special distinguishing markings, serial number range, name etched in the side, or something like that which would distinguish a new purchased Accu-Shadow CZ pistol verses an existing one that has been upgraded? Since CZ Custom is taking off the shelf CZ's and adding the Accu-Shadow bushing system to them I would venture to say that there would not be any special markings to distinguish a "New Built" one from an "Old Reworked" one.

If that is the case, then how could NROI or anyone else for that matter be able to accurately determine if the gun was purchased with the upgrade already on it, or if it was done as an upgrade after the gun was purchased??? The shooter could obviously tell the match official if it was purchased that way or upgraded afterwards, but other than that it would be nearly impossible for them to disposition when the upgrade was installed if the shooter simply handed over his pistol at the Chrono station and didn't say a word.

The way I see this, the cat is out of the bag on this kind of upgrade once NROI put the Accu-Shadow CZ pistol on the approved production gun list. As a match director I am not going to waste the time or effort trying to figure out who ordered the gun new with this upgrade already applied, or if it was done after the fact. For the vast majority of shooters who do upgrade their pistol or purchase a pistol with this upgrade already installed, it isn't going to make any difference in their actual match performance ability. It will give them a stiff punch to the wallet to purchase the upgrade, but measurable match performance benefit is going to be very minimal if any at all. At lest this is my opinion. I could be completely wrong and it some how creates a magical never missing A zone magnet mega blaster.

Edited by CHA-LEE

I could be completely wrong and it some how creates a magical never missing A zone magnet mega blaster.

Doubtful. Likely just leaves them with one less excuse for match performance... not saying that I am not interested of course.

For the vast majority of shooters who do upgrade their pistol or purchase a pistol with this upgrade already installed, it isn't going to make any difference in their actual match performance ability. It will give them a stiff punch to the wallet to purchase the upgrade, but measurable match performance benefit is going to be very minimal if any at all. At lest this is my opinion. I could be completely wrong and it some how creates a magical never missing A zone magnet mega blaster.

Yep. I agree completely. CZ makes outstanding guns, and the bushing on the Accu is a nice feature. I like when gun companies are being proactive and moving forward with designs, such as in the case of the Accu. But with the exception of a few shooters, and we all know this, the addition of a bushing will probably have no effect on our ability (or in my case inability) to shoot alpha's.

I doubt you'd notice much difference at 25 yards. at 50 yards I could imagine seeing a small reduction in group size. I guess the difference is these will all be fitted much tighter. with a usual shadow you will get some that are super tight and some a bit less tight. that is the luck of factory built guns. with this being a custom gun you can be assured all the accu shadows will be tight as can be. it's basically for people who want the assurance there is no doubt that there equipment is letting them down. though I doubt many people shooting a regular shadow are being let down accuracy wise at typical USPSA/IPSC distances...

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect some folks have been ordering accu-shadows the last couple weeks. Have they been giving y'all an approximate delivery date or guesstimate of waiting time?

I'm thinking of getting one for myself as a present when I make A's, but I have a lot of .40 minor ammo to run through my cgw-tweaked 75b before I can justify switching to 9mm for production.

I suspect some folks have been ordering accu-shadows the last couple weeks. Have they been giving y'all an approximate delivery date or guesstimate of waiting time?

I'm thinking of getting one for myself as a present when I make A's, but I have a lot of .40 minor ammo to run through my cgw-tweaked 75b before I can justify switching to 9mm for production.

I ordered a few days ago and was told it would probably ship around the end of January.

we got this thing going at my club. in fact,all those CZ's variants from CZCS aren't exactly production based. process is, cz custom get a batch of guns, then modify all the same ; anyhow those guns aren't designed and assembled as it by CZ factory,then shouldn't be accepted in production. limited.

dang....i've been bumped in limited with my G17 because i did a cerakote on the slide in different color than factory , so now CZCS shadows are offered in so many different variants , very far away from production based guns imo...LOL.

Edited by sigsauerfan