Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

The main advantages are smaller and lighter

Because it's shorter, the ejecting brass no longer hit the scope, and you don't have to tune the gun to eject the brass sideways,

You also don't need a racker due the entire back of the slide beign available to grab

I'm going on a year with my second rts2 with no problems, I did the o-ring fix and tightened it down a little harder then the manual states

And so far so good, I know I just jinxed myself

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been watching this thread, because Dave, (BASE772), is a friend, and he's been having all kinds of problems with his RTS2, and now that I'm in need of a new open gun, (slide is cracked on my only blaster), I was looking for a new gun. I was considering a CK Arms gun with either an RTS2 or a Slideride, (which I would have to switch to a 90-degree, since that's what I have and am used to), but this thread has convinced me to go with the Slideride. I'll have to spend extra to convert it over from a vertical to a 90-degree, but it's better than having the RTS2 go dead on me when I least expect it.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased an Open Blaster with the RTS2 on it, can I ask a couple really dumb questions: how do you turn it off / on?

Does the cover do anything besides keep it covered? and does anyone sell just the cover? ( I can picture myself loosing it)

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know how to tell if your RTS2 has the v3 board? I ordered one directly from C-More (Serial # D01800 series) been using it two months at local matches and two level 2 matches and not one problem. Bought another one from Brownell's as it was on sale to put on my other open gun and WTF the Serial # is D01300 series--lower than the one I got from C-More. Mine are both 6 MOA. Just curious what Serial # the bad ones have???

Edited by SayHelloToMyLittleFriend

The RTS does not sit lower than a 90deg mount.

attachicon.gifDSC_6113.jpg

I hope now that the brightness is adjustable that the dot quality will no longer be an issue. Might just become the scope to have for open...

I'll have the new mount ready in a few weeks.

Has anyone thought of mounting a RTS 90 degrees? It would sit lower, give a little more glass vertically. Just a thought.

IMO, the RTS & 2, sit low enough to give the better of both. But untill they are proven and have the new ones available, I'll stay with the tried and proven slide-ride on a good mount. Then I can worry about my shooting not if my equipment is going to fail.

• 3 months later...

Mine was upgraded last month to the v3 board. I just put a new one on another open gun. WORKING great both of them.

Thanks go out to Derik Janowitz for fixing my wifes STI. I spent about 6 hours with him last week at his shop. He made sure I was happy b4 I left. Super gunsmith!

Now i have 2 .38 supers working, do I need a Major 9mm?

Comments please!

Mine was upgraded last month to the v3 board. I just put a new one on another open gun. WORKING great both of them.

Thanks go out to Derik Janowitz for fixing my wifes STI. I spent about 6 hours with him last week at his shop. He made sure I was happy b4 I left. Super gunsmith!

Now i have 2 .38 supers working, do I need a Major 9mm?

Comments please!

Gary - of course you need another major gun. Did you get a look at Rory or Shannon's new build from Derek at the IPSC Nats?

My RTS2 was also upgraded to the V3 board after a failure. One thing I noticed once it was returned was that the dot was much brighter than before. So far, I have put around 500 rounds with the upgrade and everything is great. I sure hope I have no more problems with it. Kudos to CMORE for the fast turn-around (about a week).

As far as comments on Major 9mm, I would ask how much 38SC brass can you buy (and lose) for whatever that Major 9mm (or even just an upper) might cost...that is the question I've already answered with the help of a few good friends. And really, in my mind, that is the only compelling reason to move to 9mm Major if you already are in a 38 Super platform. Jmho and ymmv.

Edited by JMike