Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

34 recoil spring weight / 9mm minor

mike g35

Thanks guys. I ordered a few 13# Wolff, 14# Wolff, and a couple Glockworx 12# springs to test. I have a 15# Wolff in there now but I think that's a bit heavy for my minor power factor loads. I figured asking was fine but testing would be better.

I'm running an ISMI #13 spring on my G34, shooting mostly 147 gr reloads at 900 fps or so. Tried the #11 and it didn't seem like an improvement with the match ammo -- and it was a big step backwards shooting factory ammo.

Thinking of buying a #16 and trying it, but haven't tried yet.

I run a 12lb ZEV recoil spring (the blue one, uncaptured) in my G34. I'm shooting 124gr. Montana Golds w/ 4.0gr of Titegroup sitting behind it. Power factor is around 133-135.

I haven't noticed a diff between 11 and 13

Pretty much how I felt about it as well using ISMI with a 135 PF and MG 124HP. Will stick with 13 for reliability sake.

Edited by mwc

I run a 12lb ZEV recoil spring (the blue one, uncaptured) in my G34. I'm shooting 124gr. Montana Golds w/ 4.0gr of Titegroup sitting behind it. Power factor is around 133-135.

Very similar to what I'm considering. Any issues with reliability?

Very similar to what I'm considering. Any issues with reliability?

I just recently got this setup on my G34 Gen 4 as well - had MAJOR issues with it (no it's not on backwards). It doesn't appear to let the slide go back far enough. There is at least a 1/4 - 3/8" difference in how far it goes back from the factory spring to the Zev rod. I had everything from dead trigger, light strikes, failure to go into battery, etc. with that setup. Switched back the factory spring, and it all went away. Not to mention, there is no way that Zev 12lb spring is 12 pounds (blue one). It feels the exact same as the factory spring. I have an 11 lb wolf spring in another setup, and it's MUCH MUCH softer (like it should be).

Even if it did work, I'd be hacked off because it shed blue paint all over everything; was a mess. On top of that, the picture on Zev's web site, shows it to be a captured setup, with a screw. Got it, and it is non-captured, with no screw (not even any threads in the end). Not happy with it at all.

Edited by ZombieHunter

• 1 month later...