Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 FNH USA 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry- something is missing on the stage descriptions. None of the paper targets have heads. How am I suppose to make head shots if they don't have heads?

Please bring back the targets with heads.

Good idea Brian...next year all head shots!!!!

Sounds good. At least they'll have heads.

Larry- something is missing on the stage descriptions. None of the paper targets have heads. How am I suppose to make head shots if they don't have heads?

How do you know they aren't all head shots.... and just represent people with really large heads?

:ph34r:

Edited by dcloudy777

Where can we ship ammo to ?

Thanks

If you need to you can ship it to me, im helping to work /RO the match and will be driving down from MD. PM me if you need to to ship it and cant find a place and I'll give you the address.

I think in gonna fly to Pittsburgh and drive down.

Doing that for a reason? That is about 3x as far..

I was joking but you can never be too safe.

Philly would be Closer ;-)

Google Maps, Pittsburgh and Philly are 200 miles, Dulles is 75 Baltimore is about 115.

And "factory only configurations" for all guns outside of Open division?
Is that an elaborate joke? Who, other than team FNH, doesn't have some externally visible mod across rifle, shotgun, and pistol? Heck, I bet half of the rifles started as lowers.

Edit: full reference

5.3 Tactical Scope division
5.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration. Internal modifications are permitted providing they do not alter the external appearance of the firearm.
Edited by alma

Is that an elaborate joke? Who, other than team FNH, doesn't have some externally visible mod across rifle, shotgun, and pistol? Heck, I bet half of the rifles started as lowers.

That just means the AMU can't show up with a new army space gun that shoots four bullets at a time and clean all out clocks. Your guns gotta bring something a factory built. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

That just means the AMU can't show up with a new army space gun that shoots four belts at a time and clean all out clocks. Your guns gotta be something a factory built.

5.3 Tactical Scope division
5.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration. Internal modifications are permitted providing they do not alter the external appearance of the firearm.
Even replaced sights would qualify as an illegal mod and put you into open. Why would you write rules like this unless you really mean it?
Edited by alma

The factory configuration clause was in the previous rulebook as well.

Thanks, that is good to know. It certainly makes me nervous to have such a glaring, all encompassing, black-and-white rule in there that maybe (hopefully will be) ignored at the actual competition.

The only thing factory configuration left from my poor ban era A2 Bushmaster is the lower receiver. My 3 Gun pistol and shotgun are also no strangers to Dremels and an assortment of files. Please only include rules that you want to enforce in the rule book.

I think the changes are smart and the new rulebook looks good!

My question is on 6.1.7 - "Frangible targets (e.g. clay pigeons) must break by gunfire to score. A target with a significant piece visibly detached is considered broken."

1) Does that mean 1 BB punched through is not good enough to consider it broken?

2) Does that mean if it falls out of the holder and breaks (or doesn't break) that it needs to be subsequently shot again?

For example just last weekend at the 3GN Regional in Kentucky I shot low, hit the pedestal, the clay fell out but didn't break so I blew it up on the ground with a followup shot just in case.

I think the changes are smart and the new rulebook looks good!

My question is on 6.1.7 - "Frangible targets (e.g. clay pigeons) must break by gunfire to score. A target with a significant piece visibly detached is considered broken."

1) Does that mean 1 BB punched through is not good enough to consider it broken?

2) Does that mean if it falls out of the holder and breaks (or doesn't break) that it needs to be subsequently shot again?

For example just last weekend at the 3GN Regional in Kentucky I shot low, hit the pedestal, the clay fell out but didn't break so I blew it up on the ground with a followup shot just in case.

One BB should be fine (a hole is a break, after all). I believe the specific point of the rule is that fallen clays will not score. I don't know about the Regional, but a lot of matches do not let you engage fallen targets on the ground (I sure would be surprised if it were allowed at Peacemaker) so you'd already be stuck with the miss there.

Based on the revised rules, it looks like it's total time scoring this year. No mention of stage points.

Yuck.

Shit I agree! Those stages are big/small/big/small. Better start practicing long range rifle.

Crap! I hate total time matches. Now that everyone is switching to practiscore, why the push to simplify scoring?