Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Filling primer tubes

I just purchased one of those "Vibra-Prime" tube fillers. At $45 it was a LOT cheaper than the Dillon solution. When I got it, I was prepared to not have it work very well. It just plain looked tacky.

But...it works GREAT! Took a little getting used to, but now I can load a tube in 15 seconds or less. Really neat.

Cap

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a chance to use the Vibra Prime a lot and I've also loaned it to friends. It simply works and works well....after you get a little patience and figure out it's "quirks" like anything else.

Great value for the $$. I just think the Dillon primer feeder, while it works very well, is dramatically over priced.

cap

If the top on the vibra prime would come off without taking the tray out it would be better..

Agreed, I modified my lid to allow it to do that. I don't know why they don't make it that way, I don't want to remove the tube each time to remove the tray.

I bought a PalFiller earlier this year after hearing mixed results with the quality and durability of the Vibraprime.

All I can say is this thing is awesome.

the quality of this thing is so far superior to the viraprime, its not even a comparison.

Did a marathon reloading session a week or so ago, loaded 5k rounds on my 1050, and the palfiller performed perfectly.

Between the 1050 and the Palfiller, I think I'm set.

My new production Vibra Prime (FAVP) is fantastic!!!

I don't run the top cover at all for large or small pistol or rifle due to as stated above you can't remove without pulling tube. No issues with flipped primers, sometimes they go sideways over the tube but if I tilt the unit it re-levels and drops. Probably loaded 1500-2000 since I got my FAVP not one flipped primer in loaded ammo..

• 2 weeks later...

I keep putting off getting a primer tube filler, and now I'm getting pretty fast doing it by hand. I can probably load a tube of 115 in 30 seconds flat, and I can do 400 at a time on the flip tray.

Still on the fence about getting a tube filler.

I just purchased one of those "Vibra-Prime" tube fillers. At $45 it was a LOT cheaper than the Dillon solution. When I got it, I was prepared to not have it work very well. It just plain looked tacky.

But...it works GREAT! Took a little getting used to, but now I can load a tube in 15 seconds or less. Really neat.

Cap

I've had a chance to use the Vibra Prime a lot and I've also loaned it to friends. It simply works and works well....after you get a little patience and figure out it's "quirks" like anything else.

Great value for the $$. I just think the Dillon primer feeder, while it works very well, is dramatically over priced.

cap

I've had one of these tools for sometime and have used it successfully. Would I buy it again? Maybe, maybe not.

cap

???

A month later in your own thread, goes from love to indifference already?

Cap

cap

I've had one of these tools for sometime and have used it successfully. Would I buy it again? Maybe, maybe not.

cap

???

I guess it's just really getting used to it.

Kind of like the girls in college....

Well, I got one. Not impressed. By the time I bang on the stupid thing to get every 5th primer that cocks instead of falling down, I could have just loaded a tube by hand.

I timed it, I can do 100 by hand in 45 seconds once they are ready to flip.

Cap

cap

cap

???

I guess it's just really getting used to it.

Kind of like the girls in college....

:roflol::roflol::cheers:

I have about a dozen tubes for large and small. I fill them up before I start loading. By the time I have loaded a thousand rounds or so I'm ready for a break anyway. But I have to admit having a vibraprime or something similar would be nice.

Mine works flawlessly with Federal and CCI small pistol primers. Winchester SPP - not so good. Haven't had occasion to try large pistol primers.

I haven't tried Federal but mine works great with CCI SPP. But Winchester SPP seem to get hung up at the point where they should drop into the hole as they get tilted or cocked.

Edited by RDA