Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which division do you shoot

DrLove

I like SSP, but I'm thinking about the new dual class classifier and going for both SSP & ESP.

what's the "dual class"?

If you shoot a lower class gun "SSP" and you declare before you start the classifier that you also want your time to be used in "ESP" , you can get classified in both at the same time after October 1st.

If you have a SSP legal .45 and shoot 165 PF you could do all three at one time,

I like SSP, but I'm thinking about the new dual class classifier and going for both SSP & ESP.

what's the "dual class"?

If you shoot a lower class gun "SSP" and you declare before you start the classifier that you also want your time to be used in "ESP" , you can get classified in both at the same time after October 1st.

If you have a SSP legal .45 and shoot 165 PF you could do all three at one time,

Yes! Exactly

ESP for GA state match coming up, I'll probably try CDP next year. SSP at my home club matches. Main reason is several good friends that are excellent shooters shoot SSP, good friendly rivalry and smack talk.

Most popular gun at our club is a G34, followed by the M&P9. I'm running a G17.

Edited by dee loo

ESR and SSR mostly. Shot CDP once at a club match and classifier, just so I could have some sense of how those bottom-feeder thingies worked. I think I'm the only guy that does not own a 9mm. Much easier to retrieve my brass shooting revolver, it's either moonclipped together for ESR, or in neat little piles for SSR.

Primarily ESR but I shoot the classifier also with SSP at the yearly classifier. I have not shot a match in SSP since 2006 I believe.

My revolver weighs too much to shoot SSR with it (by a couple of ounces), and I use speedloaders.

Edited by Blueridge

ESP for GA state match coming up, I'll probably try CDP next year. SSP at my home club matches. Main reason is several good friends that are excellent shooters shoot SSP, good friendly rivalry and smack talk.

Most popular gun at our club is a G34, followed by the M&P9. I'm running a G17.

I'm shooting SSP in the GA state match with a Glock 34. My backup will be a G17.

I normally shoot ESP because I use the Xdm. I am also classified in CDP. With the new rules I will classify in SSP. I still plan to stay in ESP and that is what I will be for the GA State match.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

all depends on what I have ammo loaded for, and what I feel like the day of the match. so far I have shot everything but ESR (my 625 has a too long barrel)

Mike

Come Oct.1 you can run that gun at a local match and see what you've been missing out on!

I started shooting ESP because I had a XdM, later switch to a 9mm 1911 because I couldn't keep my thumb off the slide release. One of these days I'm going to try SSP with my M&P but for now I'm having to much fun with the 1911.