Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loaded Moonclip storage? What do you use

alecmc

RePete is correct. I was joining a (different) forum and had to come up with a username - I happened to have an XD45 on my workbench at the time. I never noticed the Tampax part until the CZforum denied my signup cuz "Tampax" is a prohibited word within their forum software. I'll change my username on benos someday. I think you need a certain number of posts before you can change.

MoonClipTools003.jpg

Still my favorite. Just gave it to Kimmie since she is shooting revolver now and I am not shooting.

To stack moon clips, I have used 1/2" OD brass toilet water supply tubes. They have a flat bast and are 12" long. To add a piece of wood and holes for a Shooter's Connection insert bag would be easy but I always had a wheeled fishing cart and my moons fit perfect in the rod holders.

11m4Zy2pznL.jpg

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

A friend made this for me. Works quite well. A fifty cal ammo can with two trays and lots of room in the bottom (under the trays.) The first tray sits on rails and the top tray rests on the tray below it.

f9JBJo.jpg

06pZ66.jpg

lb5Vhx.jpg

aAm2oB.jpg

Edited by varminter22

RePete is correct. I was joining a (different) forum and had to come up with a username - I happened to have an XD45 on my workbench at the time. I never noticed the Tampax part until the CZforum denied my signup cuz "Tampax" is a prohibited word within their forum software. I'll change my username on benos someday. I think you need a certain number of posts before you can change.

I'll bet you will have to pull some strings to get rid of that username!

I'll bet you will have to pull some strings to get rid of that username!

Now that is funny

I bought this bag at Lowe's for 14-16 bucks and made an insert like Brian above with a wood base and wooden dowels--18 dowels that I can stack loaded 38 super moon clips two deep. This also has inside pockets that I slightly modified to hold all my tools and extra parts. Outside pockets can hold extra moonclips and other paraphernalia we all tend to have. Inside there is room to fold up a brass bag so that everything is together.

This gives me 36 loaded moonclips which is usually enough for most matches but if not everything is together to reload.

This bag and a few extra rounds in a bag and I'm ready to go.

Just wish I shot as well as I prepare:)

post-31991-0-21708600-1410555940_thumb.j

post-31991-0-89440600-1410555950_thumb.j

post-31991-0-97889300-1410555962_thumb.j

post-31991-0-75561000-1410555973_thumb.j