Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Carbines Which Do You Like?

That is a just released configuration from Tim LeGendre, the developer of several wildcats including the .450Bushmaster. There are some Carbon Arms parts in there. :). Tim has very large plans for it.

Sorry for the driftage...you might consider the Thureon Defense carbines. I have shot several of them and they are very high quality.

Anything besides ARS? Or is that pretty much it? I really liked the one you suggested by Thureon. Especially since they take my Glock magazines in one configuration. Saw the KelTec too but didn't realize they can be difficult to find.

Ruger PC9, no longer in production. But 100% reliable. Con RUGER MAGS, Pro works on subsonic 147gr ammo, suppressed they are excellent out to 75Metres. Rumours were around they made them with Glock mags to suit a few Police Departments. I would give someones left nut (just not mine) for one in that setup.

Otherwise any AR platform that runs Spikes Tactical Mag Block and UZI mags. Next best would be one with Glock mags.

I got in line for the new JP GMR-13 a few months back. It uses a new lower that takes Glock mags without a magwell block. I'll let you know how it shoots in another 3-5 months when I see it

I have the Kel-Tec... I love it... very light and handy, plenty accurate out to 100 yards. I did put a different front sight on it (and threaded the barrel for a suppressor, but that's another story). The trigger is "decent" at best, but it's still easy enough to make hits with. It can be had in a Glock magazine configuration, or it can be set up to use S&W, Beretta or SIG mags. It's hard to find, but an excellent little gun.

I also built a 5" 9mm AR that's also super sweet... but way, way more money.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Beretta CX4 Storm. Accepts either 92/M9 or PX4 magazines depending on magwell adapter. I've only been able to shoot out to 125 yards (hitting a 6" metal plate consistently), I'm hoping to try it out to 175 yards this coming weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...