Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot All Stars - Spoilers

Blake in the first season was the most annoying. Kept bringing up that he's a Grand Master and all this other stuff is beneath him

I was glad to see it's all about performance and this should cut down on the dumb drama.

Still not sure why Kelly Bachlund has that tape over his shooting glasses though.

I think you are thinking of Brag Engmann. He was the guy that kept saying he was an IPSC GM and every time he messed up a challenge he blamed the gun because he shoots a Glock.

Correct it was Bad Engmann that they kept showing saying I'm a GM.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it when they have one of thier comp.the shooter with the fastest time gets nothing ( I know he stays on the show ) the bottom two go to a shoot off and the winner get's a $ 2000.00 Bass Pro gift card ..??

I think the winner should get the prize!!

I think the winner did get a prize. A set of binoculars, maybe?

Blake in the first season was the most annoying. Kept bringing up that he's a Grand Master and all this other stuff is beneath him

Yeah that was Brad, not Blake.

And while I don't believe in walking right up to someone and telling them your'e a GM in USPSA, like you're reading your resumee to everyone you meet ...... I don't see anything wrong with mentioning it in passing. It may come off as a lack of modesty or an ego trip to some, but it's no different than someone in the Military mentioning that they are a First Sergent or a Colonel or General. It's more a matter of earning the respect of others for what you have worked very hard for, than touting your accomplishments.

But, I suppose it's all in the context. ;)

And while I don't believe in walking right up to someone and telling them your'e a GM in USPSA, like you're reading your resumee to everyone you meet ...... I don't see anything wrong with mentioning it in passing. It may come off as a lack of modesty or an ego trip to some, but it's no different than someone in the Military mentioning that they are a First Sergent or a Colonel or General. It's more a matter of earning the respect of others for what you have worked very hard for, than touting your accomplishments.

Had a GM give me some pointers once. When I shot the stage differently he was like, "When a GM tells you to do something you should do it that way". Didn't sit very well with me. I prefer GM's who you would never know was a GM until you see them shoot.

Had a GM give me some pointers once. When I shot the stage differently he was like, "When a GM tells you to do something you should do it that way". Didn't sit very well with me. I prefer GM's who you would never know was a GM until you see them shoot.

So you won't be cool with my shirt that says "Yeah... I'm a freaking GrandMaster"

I was glad to see it's all about performance and this should cut down on the dumb drama.

Still not sure why Kelly Bachlund has that tape over his shooting glasses though.

I think you are thinking of Brag Engmann. He was the guy that kept saying he was an IPSC GM and every time he messed up a challenge he blamed the gun because he shoots a Glock.

Yup... my bad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I know exactly how you feel. That is why I intentionally make sure that nobody knows that I am a GM before, during, or after I shoot.

I'm psyched to see shooting back on a mainstream channel.

It would be really cool if they would have each shooter school the others on their specialty (just for instruction and entertainment) or have the instructors provide a couple minutes of tips for the audience.

It may come off as a lack of modesty or an ego trip to some, but it's no different than someone in the Military mentioning that they are a First Sergent or a Colonel or General. It's more a matter of earning the respect of others for what you have worked very hard for, than touting your accomplishments.

No, it's not really the same. While USPSA/IPSC classifications and military ranks are performance-based, military ranks carry with them responsibilities and authorities USPSA/IPSC classifications do not. Has to do with the welfare of your subordinates and the ability to enforce both orders and the Uniform Code of Military Justice on them. USPSA/IPSC classifications bestow no such authorities and require no responsibilities of the shooter holding them, aside from maintaining their classification.

Military ranks also have the added benefit of placing you in situations where specific misdeeds will get you into increasing amounts of trouble, where a Grandmaster would get no penalty for any type of legal misconduct from USPSA or IPSC, unless the misconduct and USPSA or IPSC were intimately tied together.

Kent Christen, Major, US Air Force (Retired) Edited by frag316

Still not sure why Kelly Bachand has that tape over his shooting glasses though.

FTFY.

Lots of long-distance shooters put tape over the lens of their off/non-dominant eye so they don't have to shut that eye to see down the scope. Squinting the non-shooting eye gets fatiguing quickly and will cause tremors in your muscles that could affect your shooting. Even a slight tremor when shooting at 1000 yards is the difference between a hit and a miss.

MAN it happens again! Did not want to see that.

Wspecially seeing the clips from next week. Blake would have killed it. When he was shooting the .22 all I could think of was Charles Barkley playing golf.

I edited the title so readers would know the thread included spoilers.

The forum software includes tools to hide information like the names of eliminated shooters. See here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45928&p=1138354

I've shot with Greg a few times at 3gun matches since his first appearance on the show. I think that TV and Editing play into how the shooters on the show are portrayed. Just watching the first season I would have agreed with you guys but getting to know him he's a standup guy. I was hoping to see him do better this time around.

Like Clutch, I know Greg personally--we work at the same agency (I'm an analyst, he's part of the police force). I've also been shooting with Greg since about a month before his first Top Shot season started. He's a pretty good guy. Yes, he does get a case of the nerves on occasion, but he's really focused on his performance--I'm sure some of that is from having been on TV and his perception of what people expect to see for his performance level.

We all gave Greg a ton of crap over the things that happened--we acted like we were crying once when we finished shooting, a bunch of the guys wore bandannas around their wrists to his finale party. We still crack jokes on him occasionally. He takes it pretty well.