Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Pro Custom 16-40

twister

Travis replied to a post from me on the 1911 forum and said they are totally redesigning the mags for the 40/9mm and it will be a couple months yet. I'm undecided between the 45 or the 40!!!! The 45's are available now.

MSRP is $1999, my guess is street price will be around $1799. Not a bad deal if it runs as good as it looks. My new 14-45 Limited runs great and is a late production, so I'm hoping for good things here.

At one time I had a Para P16-40 Limited. Had some questions about it that I posted on another forum. Travis Tomasie responded to my inquiries, and he even started a PM conversation with me regarding my other questions.

I was really impressed by that. With Travis input the last few years with the new builds with Para and his involvement with customer service, I would have no issues buying Para's new guns.

On grabagun.com website, they have the Para USA Pro Custom 16-40 listed for $1217.86.

They have the Para USA Tomasie Custom 16-40 listed for $1677.50.

There is not a picture or a description given with either gun on the website, so I couldn't tell you what the difference is between the two. And both guns were out of stock, as was just about any other brand and model of gun.

Edited by JGus

We played with them at shot show! The new pro com 40 looks great! Most of their guns look ionbonded this year!

Ive shot the 16-40 and it seems to be a good gun. Good feel to it

Check out the gun here

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really am thinking that maybe one of these will be my first real competition gun. Has anyone picked up new info in the past month on release dates? I have seen the 14.45 Pro Customs all over the interwebs for about $1100. I had been looking at an XDm, but by the time you put all the money into it to make it Limited ready, maybe it is just better to get one of these.

Question to owners of the 45's...... How are the triggers on these? Would you still get a trigger job on it or will it do the job?