Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a little help with my M3000. I picked one up so I could get used to something without a pistol grip.

Anyway it doesn't load a round every now and again. I shoot 2 then nothing I have rack the bolt, shoot 4 then nothing have to rack the bolt?

Its completely cleaned an lubed mag tube polished? Anyone know what could be causing this. I'm running Federal target loads, or Remington Gun club.

Looking for a little help with my M3000. I picked one up so I could get used to something without a pistol grip.

Anyway it doesn't load a round every now and again. I shoot 2 then nothing I have rack the bolt, shoot 4 then nothing have to rack the bolt?

Its completely cleaned an lubed mag tube polished? Anyone know what could be causing this. I'm running Federal target loads, or Remington Gun club.

Got a picture or a description of where the find is when it won't load?

If it loads a round by just racking the bolt, that means the next shell is already on the carrier. If it didn't chamber but the previous round ejected, that means the bolt didn't recoil far enough to lift the carrier. If the round is NOT already on the carrier and you pull the trigger, you can hear the round dump out of the mag when the hammer falls. Try some heavier loads if the gun isn't fully broken in yet. If it has more than 100 rounds through it already then this might not help. Try to identify where the next shell is when the malfunction occurs and we should be able to pin down the cause.

OK so took the M3000 back out to the range to find out whats going on. I didn't have the initial issue BUT, kept having a round not chamber. It would come off the carrier and jam just before getting in the chamber. After ejecting I noticed a slight gouge/cut on the front of the round.

I believe it is catching on the edge of the barrel. So I rounded off that lip, pics below any thoughts.

IMG_1326_zps3021a62f.jpg

OK so took the M3000 back out to the range to find out whats going on. I didn't have the initial issue BUT, kept having a round not chamber. It would come off the carrier and jam just before getting in the chamber. After ejecting I noticed a slight gouge/cut on the front of the round.

I believe it is catching on the edge of the barrel. So I rounded off that lip, pics below any thoughts.

IMG_1326_zps3021a62f.jpg

Good diagnosis. That is known source of fails to feed.

It is recommended early on in this thread to address the sharp edge on the extractor groove.

I highly recommend that M3000 owners read this whole thread if you have not done so. Yep, its long but there is a ton of useful info.

It is recommended early on in this thread to address the sharp edge on the extractor groove.

I highly recommend that M3000 owners read this whole thread if you have not done so. Yep, its long but there is a ton of useful info.

I recommend sending your gun to MOA and skip reading...It's over rated!!!

Ryan, you gonna be at the ProAm?

Ran 200 rounds though my gun without a single problem 2 weeks ago, running full tube each load (12)

Pulled the tube off and stripped gun to clean/inspect. Everything looked goon so I re-assembled.

Took gun to match on Sunday, was having FTF after about 4-5 rounds where I would just rack the bolt and be back in business. A few times I had to rack on 3 shells consecutively. Now, since this was in competition, I was not paying attention to all of the surroundings, but all i had to do was rack and pull trigger to keep going. We were shooting Down out of a tower ad I thought that was doing it, but it happened again in later stages while on flat ground using same ammo (5th Shot) and once on slug stage (Shot 2, 8 in the tube). Everything at the end of the tube (last 4) seems to feed fine.

I got home and it was slow to feed even manually unloading the gun. I loosened the barrel clamp (was probably too tight) and was able to give the tube another 1/4 turn into the stock tube. Re-installed clamp but much looser. "Seemed" To feed normal again.

is there a possibility that the tightness of the clamp was causing my failure? Maybe getting hung up on the transition? Has anyone seen this?

I did order this follower to try and help
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/660691/nordic-components-low-drag-teflon-coated-shotgun-magazine-follower-12-gauge-aluminum

But it hadn't happened in the first 200, why was it happening now?!?!

I recommend sending your gun to MOA and skip reading...It's over rated!!!

Ryan, you gonna be at the ProAm?

Yes sir, working and shooting Pro this year. I suppose your going too?

Thanks for the Help guys, it got be back up and running. Some pics of My M3000 All done from thoughts off this thread & a cert from Nordic Comp.

quad_zps6d2a7de8.jpg

Is the bare AL really black? If so then how did you get it that way.

I use nothing but Walmart Federal #7-1/2 in competition unless special ammo is called for. I have had ZERO malfunctions from the Federal stuff. Out of probably 5,000 rounds. Not saying they will run for everyone, but I have had 100% reliability.

+1.... at $19.94 for a 4 box carton, it's not only good shells, but easy on the wallet.

fwiw, I've been using a Stoeger M3000 on high volume dove hunts for the last 2 years. A guide in NW Mexico turned me on to the shotgun. I've got quite a few high end auto's and OU's and I can honestly say I prefer the accuracy, reliability, and lack of worry about beating up the shotgun. I've shot the hell out of it and it still looks pretty damn good.

Does anybody know if the GG&G benelli sling attachments, or any of the other ones, work on the m3000?

This one will definitely work.http://www.theshooterssource.com/shotgun-sling-mount-p-20997.html
Do you need to bend it to fit under the handgaurd? Seems like the barrel nut sits under the handgaurd.
Oh crap that's right. I was thinking Benelli. My bad.

Then the next option is the Nordic clamp with the QD attachment.

http://www.makereadyproshop.com/qda-for-nordic-components-barrel-clamps/

Thanks for the help Jesse! I think thats the way I'm going to have to go. I really wanted to keep the clamp off.

Can you put the clap on and take it off when you need to put a sling on and not break the rules?