Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Just google moa precision llc and give tom a call on monday, he has all the nordic tubes with his nuts on them he also has extended bolt handles enlarged bolt release button and an enlarged safety for the m3000. All great products. Great guy too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just google moa precision llc and give tom a call on monday, he has all the nordic tubes with his nuts on them he also has extended bolt handles enlarged bolt release button and an enlarged safety for the m3000. All great products. Great guy too.

Awesome, thanks a lot man!!

I have to say Tom owner of MOA, is great to deal with he's kind of making his nitch with this Stoeger M3000 . If he doesn't pick up the phone be patient he will return your calls. Has most every part mod you'll need, and doesn't mind helping answering even my dum questions.

I have to say Tom owner of MOA, is great to deal with he's kind of making his nitch with this Stoeger M3000 . If he doesn't pick up the phone be patient he will return your calls. Has most every part mod you'll need, and doesn't mind helping answering even my dum questions.

He is a great guy! It's nice to see that some companies still care about customer service.

Ok you guys are killing me finding this at local stores I haven't been able to find one at all locally. Anywhere online that usually stocks them at a good price?

Online:

Euro Optic

Gun Broker (although most are private sales or from Euro Optic)

Able Ammo

Or check Stoeger's website for Stoeger dealers near you. If your local Stoeger dealer does not have one in stock they should be able to order one and get it in a week or so. 24" is the hardest to find, but my dealer said he could order one and get it in less than 10 days (confirmed with a call to the Stoeger rep).

Be careful with Euro Optic. I was going to buy one from him on GB, but he didn't actually have the gun in stock. I think his web site inventory is accurate, but his auctions aren't closed if he sells the item from his store.

The Nova nut is "hit and miss". I highly recommend to just buy the nut from MOA(check vendors area) and be done with it. Its every bit as nice as the Nordic nut and will require no mods to your gun.

ok thanks but I am not familiar with MOA?/ could you send me a link?

Or just check out his vendor forum on Brian Enos. Pics up of all of his M3000 products. He has posted extensively in this thread too.

Ok you guys are killing me finding this at local stores I haven't been able to find one at all locally. Anywhere online that usually stocks them at a good price?

Online:

Euro Optic

Able Ammo

Or check Stoeger's website for Stoeger dealers near you. If your local Stoeger dealer does not have one in stock they should be able to order one and get it in a week or so. 24" is the hardest to find, but my dealer said he could order one and get it in less than 10 days (confirmed with a call to the Stoeger rep).

Be careful with Euro Optic. I was going to buy one from him on GB, but he didn't actually have the gun in stock. I think his web site inventory is accurate, but his auctions aren't closed if he sells the item from his store.

I noticed that too. Thanks for pointing that out. I think he has since pulled his gun broker 24" listing and seems to show out of stock on his website.

Online:

Euro Optic

Able Ammo

Able Ammo is the same, they show the 24" in stock but it has to ship from Benelli....approx 2 weeks to get one w/ free shipping

Any body been playing with there trigger on there Stoeger. I was thinking of something like a 25 cent trigger job, smooth out rough machine marks and a dab of molly grease. I've seen the trigger mods from MOA to lighten it up, and Tom might have got the best fix. A stock trigger is at 7 1/2 lbs.

I guess in that respect we could all stand and cheer this for the AR platform. "Its an assault rifle, leave the trigger alone" ? Why doesn't your AR have a standard milspec trigger in it? Trap shooters, Skeet shooters and Sporting clays guys have been jacking with triggers since before you were the glint in your daddys eye. Things change all the time and everyone one is looking for an edge.

What did you say in your vid about weakhand loading? If your still doing this your doing this(finger pointed at head) BOOM!

No offense, Jesse

I listen to everything you put out.

You are at the top of the pile.

Mildot

I guess in that respect we could all stand and cheer this for the AR platform. "Its an assault rifle, leave the trigger alone" ? Why doesn't your AR have a standard milspec trigger in it? Trap shooters, Skeet shooters and Sporting clays guys have been jacking with triggers since before you were the glint in your daddys eye. Things change all the time and everyone one is looking for an edge.

What did you say in your vid about weakhand loading? If your still doing this your doing this(finger pointed at head) BOOM!

No offense, Jesse

Mildot

The reason my other guns have trigger jobs is cause it's safe to do so. I'm not convinced it's safe to do so on this particular shotgun.

Believe me I wanted to get a trigger job on my M2 forever. I listened to KurtM and my gun smith Accurate Iron who are both much smarter at this stuff than I am. When they said you shouldn't be polishing or filing the trigger parts cause they have hardened surfaces. Changing that hardened surface will result in failure eventually and it might be ugly when a 12 round shotgun goes full auto on you.

I like Taran Tactical's Approach by simply swapping out springs. Rob Romero once told me he clipped a few spring to lighten pull as well.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

No offense, Jesse

Mildot

So Shotguns = AR's

Jesse for ME a 7 1/2 pound trigger is just not what I'd like to have. I know its a shotgun, and in this case not a defensive weapon . So I have no problem with wanting to improve it. Since the whole Stoeger thing got started as the best keep secret (Dollar-Wise) I thought it be fun for the do it your selfers to improve there own triggers same as a Glock. I've even watched a couple of guys on YouTube showing us how to open up a loading port ;), add a big button safety, and install extension tube. Of coarse the key word here is SAFELY (just me though) Its my hobby.

The reason we used adjustment screws instead of grinding on the components is because of the wear issue with case hardened parts. If you can move the engagement around without grinding back so far that you lose the hard surface, durability remains unchanged, while the trigger pull gets better. Biggest issue on the Stoeger is that it drops the hammer about 1/8 inch from the disconnector to the primary trigger hook EVERY TIME you release the trigger. This is about triple the distance an AR trigger resets. That is the main reason the Stoeger can never have a 2lb trigger, it would beat itself to death. It would require a complete redesign of the disconnector and trigger to REALLY put a nice trigger pull on one. We just came up with the best fix we could for what is already there without grinding all the surface hardening off.

No offense, Jesse

Mildot

So Shotguns = AR's

Not really, but triggers equal triggers. Just to be sure, are you telling me that if you could have a nice crisp, safe, 5lb trigger over a creepy 7.5lb with a ton of travel you would choose the latter? I see nothing wrong with the method MOA is using to tune the trigger, read nowhere they are removing material from hardened surfaces. Maybe if you went and read his fix and also about the improved version it would ease your mind?

I'm waiting to get my lunch hooks on mine and then I'll sound off one way or the other. Believe me if it ain't right I will tell ya.

Mildot

The reason we used adjustment screws instead of grinding on the components is because of the wear issue with case hardened parts. If you can move the engagement around without grinding back so far that you lose the hard surface, durability remains unchanged, while the trigger pull gets better. Biggest issue on the Stoeger is that it drops the hammer about 1/8 inch from the disconnector to the primary trigger hook EVERY TIME you release the trigger. This is about triple the distance an AR trigger resets. That is the main reason the Stoeger can never have a 2lb trigger, it would beat itself to death. It would require a complete redesign of the disconnector and trigger to REALLY put a nice trigger pull on one. We just came up with the best fix we could for what is already there without grinding all the surface hardening off.

Depending on the Jomnie value of the steel, what elements were added and if oil or water was used to quench. The case depth could easily be more than 0.5mm deep. If anyone has access to a Vickers hardness tester they should check to see how deep it is so we know if we get an grind on it.

Just my part to help if you have any interest Called Taran Tactical:There very helpful and nice people too. Spring on the way we shall see what improvement if any it makes. Also Taran said they can do a complete trigger job in a Stoeger. There you go

No offense, Jesse

Mildot

So Shotguns = AR's

Not really, but triggers equal triggers. Just to be sure, are you telling me that if you could have a nice crisp, safe, 5lb trigger over a creepy 7.5lb with a ton of travel you would choose the latter? I see nothing wrong with the method MOA is using to tune the trigger, read nowhere they are removing material from hardened surfaces. Maybe if you went and read his fix and also about the improved version it would ease your mind?

I'm waiting to get my lunch hooks on mine and then I'll sound off one way or the other. Believe me if it ain't right I will tell ya.

Mildot

I saw Tom's post and it sounds like it is a good solution.

My not so eloquent point is they are different tools for different jobs and what is super important in one is not as important in the other. I am not nearly as worried about a trigger in a shotgun as I am in an AR. I am also not as worried about my AR trigger as I am in my bolt gun. I suppose if I had a blunderbus I would care less about its trigger than I do my shotgun.

Ideally, in this type if shotgun, I would want a super crisp clean trigger in the 5-8lb range with very positive reset. Again, not my top priority.

Shot my 24" gun for the first time last weekend.

Man the pull is long. I feel so far back on the gun.

So...

Pulled out the Chop saw, removed the stock, wrapped it in rubber to level it out, Drew a line at 3/4" on the stock, lined it up with the blade, scooted it over and CHOP! Had to deepen the screw holes a bit and grind the base of the pad but its a whole new gun to me now!

Now I really can flip it to strong hand L2 it!

Tomorrow I'll freeze the butt pad and blend it into the stock,

Yeah Me!!!!!!

20140318_1832101024x768_zps6668de4e.jpg

I like the way you do things straight up to the saw didn't even take the stock off the receiver WOW :) I been leaning to cut mine would like a better butt pad than the factory one. Ran 10 heavy slugs through it off a bench to see how far off POA was man my shoulder was not happy.