Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

IF the use is 3 gun why would you cut the barrel so short? Get a 24" and be happy

^^^What Pat said.^^^. Sticking a $100-200 barrel cut, rethread and new chokes into a $450 shotgun doesn't make much sense. Much like the Benelli M2 the Stoeger M3000 and other inertia guns it is very light weight even in 26,28, & 30" lengths. That $200 could be used to have all of the extras added to the factory gun and you'd be set.

To this I'd also add that I have the 26" version and I have no problems with weight or swinging it around. Pick up a 24" and give it a try.

I completely understand what you all are saying and I totally agree. I get the whole point of this thread is an affordable 3 gun shotgun. I was thinking of this a mutli-use barrel length (possibly also hunting or defense). I was thinking of possibly picking up a second barrel for this to have cut or just leave alone. I am just curious if there is any difference in the barrel wall thickness between the different lengths in case I ever decide to have one cut down. Anyone able to measure?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the use is 3 gun why would you cut the barrel so short? Get a 24" and be happy

^^^What Pat said.^^^. Sticking a $100-200 barrel cut, rethread and new chokes into a $450 shotgun doesn't make much sense. Much like the Benelli M2 the Stoeger M3000 and other inertia guns it is very light weight even in 26,28, & 30" lengths. That $200 could be used to have all of the extras added to the factory gun and you'd be set.

To this I'd also add that I have the 26" version and I have no problems with weight or swinging it around. Pick up a 24" and give it a try.

I completely understand what you all are saying and I totally agree. I get the whole point of this thread is an affordable 3 gun shotgun. I was thinking of this a mutli-use barrel length (possibly also hunting or defense). I was thinking of possibly picking up a second barrel for this to have cut or just leave alone. I am just curious if there is any difference in the barrel wall thickness between the different lengths in case I ever decide to have one cut down. Anyone able to measure?

The diameter on my 24" barrel is .825-.830" when measuring 19" from the breech face.

The diameter on my 24" barrel is .825-.830" when measuring 19" from the breech face.

Thank you.

M3000 - ONE,

200 rounds of el cheapo walmart federal bulk pack and Winchester universal - ZERO

E9D670CB-1C78-4572-96DF-C54037739ACF_zps

I figured since this gun is going to a budget type buy so will the ammo. So I bought 100 rounds of federal walmart bulk pack, 100 rounds of my least favorite ammo Winchester universal, 250 rounds of Rio, and 250 rounds of estate. It at the first 200 like it was it's job.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I received Tom's bolt handle yesterday. Popped it in and the fit is excellent. Spins and looks great. Fantastic job on the M3000 components, Tom, and thanks for the great support!

That is what I was thinking, time to sell the 930, guys are M3000 hard to come by?

I ordered a 24" model from ableammo w/ free shipping
Cool thanks,just wondering I noticed that there are two m3000 one of them is sold out and the other is not??? Is there a difference the descriptions look the same

That is what I was thinking, time to sell the 930, guys are M3000 hard to come by?

I ordered a 24" model from ableammo w/ free shipping
Cool thanks,just wondering I noticed that there are two m3000 one of them is sold out and the other is not??? Is there a difference the descriptions look the same
Mac I am located in greenville, you ever go to Walnut Grove and I plan on doing 3gun this weekend i believe at rock hill?

635 shells thru the M3000 test mule this weekend. After running thru 200 rounds of Winchester Universal and Federal Walmart Bulk Pack I tore into the two cases of Rio and Estate shells I bought. I quickly learned that about 2-3/25 of the Rio and 5-10/25 of the Estate will not extract once you heat up the chamber with a 100+ continuous rounds. With the gun still sizzling I ran 125 rounds of AA's thru it again and it ran flawlessly. Moral of the story run everything you can thru your gun to make sure it will work especially if you plan on feeding it trash.

3FDDB45A-0679-4312-9989-11C9833C18D9_zps

635 shells thru the M3000 test mule this weekend. After running thru 200 rounds of Winchester Universal and Federal Walmart Bulk Pack I tore into the two cases of Rio and Estate shells I bought. I quickly learned that about 2-3/25 of the Rio and 5-10/25 of the Estate will not extract once you heat up the chamber with a 100+ continuous rounds. With the gun still sizzling I ran 125 rounds of AA's thru it again and it ran flawlessly. Moral of the story run everything you can thru your gun to make sure it will work especially if you plan on feeding it trash.

3FDDB45A-0679-4312-9989-11C9833C18D9_zps

Jesse, I have been running rio's recently because of the price and availability, have you had any troubles with them? Also when you're extension tube is that far out, does that cause any troubles with the wad or shot hitting it? I don't know how long it takes until it opens up.