Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looks like Dillons "No BS" warranty is officially "BS"

i knocked on Dillon 7 years ago on the forums for charging me $120 for repairing an old dillon rl 1050 ( i thought the no BS applies to all presses) i bit the bullet and paid when i got my press back it was brand spanking new and they even upgraded my casefeeder. that was the best $120 i paid i now own 4 RL 1050's ....

sorry about your experience but a lot of us here had been really treated good by Dillon.... it is the only manual press i would own ( i want a camdex or ammoload too someday) :cheers:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had Dillon replace parts that I lost without charge. I even told them that I lost the parts and requested the price and shipping cost. The response was no, it's covered, give me your address and we will ship them.

Helped a friend assemble a used 550B and noticed an extra part that mine doesn't have. P/N 14015. Primer Track Bearing. So I email Dillon and told them the story. They told me that my 550B did not come with that part but yet in my manual it shows the part! They also told me they would charge me for the upgrade part if I wanted it. Go I guess the current Dillon has changed and are now charging for replacement parts!

A. If the rep told you that your press didnt need the part, why wouldnt you just buy it for a whopping 4$? Why would I ask this? Because your press worked fine without the part. From the sound of it, your press has been working well for quite a while (what year was the upgrade put into affect) and the only reason you know anything about a part is because it came on someone else's press. Otherwise you would be here complaining that you had to purchase a Dillon part -Because your machine would not run without it! Not the case, here is how I know.

B. It was working fine last year when you had an issue with locator pins. Now I am guessing, after reading how upset you are/were over a 4$ part, that the #2 locator pins cost you nothing (I could be wrong)otherwise you would be complaining about consistently bad service.

C. as it stands, I hope that your 550B is still running as well as it has been for a while. Hopefully you go back, load some ammo on that machine, and realize that if anything breaks (that you originally paid for) it will be backed by an Outstanding NO BS warranty.

Edited by wes777

Boy do I know that feeling

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Which feeling are you referring to? Your post doesn't really make sense without some additional information or a quote.

I am sure he is referring to not having any time, as his goods are in very high demand. Steve RA stated he is a bullet manufacturer. Chandler is running from can to can't producing a very fine product, with excellent customer service.

My credit card and wife said "to quite mentioning CAMDEX." :)

I have family in gville, if you get Camdex, I will have a reason to visit.

You'll just have to come down and be disappointed with a 1050!!

I purchased a 550B the first year they came out. I loaded so many rounds on it I actually wore the primer bar out. It had so much wear that it would get cocked to one side and stick. You could wiggle the primer bar side to side, up and down with plenty of slop. I called Dillon fully expecting to pay for a part I wore out from use. They sent me a new thinner primer bar and the flat metal bearing that is in question here. The old worn out primer bar, even though it was worn completly out was too thick to work with the new flat metal bearing, that was the reason for the thinner primer bar that accompanied the bearing. So...if your primer system was working it did not come with the flat metal bearing, If you really needed it you would be having all kinds of problems because your primer bar would be hanging up with too much clearance just like my worn out part. You would know it if you actually needed it and since you did not mention having a priming problem, you don't.

These Dillon threads, however...they tend to take care of themselves.

I've been treated very well by Dillon since first purchasing my used 550b when I jumped into metallic case reloading.

To the OP, just buy the part. You'll get a real pretty treat in the mail every month for the next 6. That alone is worth it. I buy a pack of primer tubes every time my free subscription runs out.

The last cover was so good my wife was pissed for a week! Love them redheads!

Yep that Jordan is a FOX!! Redheads are like single-shot rifles...........not for everybody, but for those with the patience to deal with them, they are VERY much worth your time! :cheers:

Alan~^~

• 2 weeks later...

I would challenge anyone to come up with a better analogy for no BS warranty than Dillon offers. Hell, if they sold hamburgers they would feed you again, next time you were hungry.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm always hungry

Great analogy

I would challenge anyone to come up with a better analogy for no BS warranty than Dillon offers. Hell, if they sold hamburgers they would feed you again, next time you were hungry.

...only you would have to wait 3+ hours to order, and when you got the burger it was made not from beef, but from soy, and they cost twice as much as everyone else. The reason they have 'such great customer service" is because they can make a profit from it, and no other reason. Less people return their product than they have to replace parts for. It isn't magic. The only magic is that some other company hasn't bent them over the barrel in business via materiel quality, listening to customer complaints, and actually producing new designs.

And if you only like them because they pay some model (who has probably never handled or shot weapons prior to the photoshoot) to be on their cover, I have something to introduce you to for purposes of looking at pretty girls: the internet.

Obligatory smiley faces: :closedeyes::sight::yawn::surprise:

Have we beat this DOG till death yet. If you look there are far more people who like Dillion then do not. So as with most companies, if you do not like them simple fix DO NOT BUY FROM THEN AGAIN.

JMHO and FWIW

The only magic is that some other company hasn't bent them over the barrel in business via materiel quality, listening to customer complaints, and actually producing new designs.

The "magic" is that no other company has a warranty like they do.

What we are talking about would be like buying a car 30 years ago and the manufacture still repairs it to this day and will forever or gives you a new one if it's beyond repair. Instead the F150 XLT cost $14,000 in 1984 and $50,000 today with fine print on what even the "extended" warranty doesn't cover.

Not new to reloading, but just got my first Dillon earlier this year (I get everything through BE), last week had to try out customer service for the first time, got in a set of 45 dies, 2 bullet seaters, no taper crimp, emailed Brian on Weds, got a response in 47 minutes, let me know he'd take care of it, Saturday got a package from Dillon, I'm sold :cheers:

Fred

When I started reloading there were 3 brands to choose from, Lachmiller, Redding and Lee. Lee only made the loader you beat on with a hammer. You GET what you pay for, and just a little less. I have loaded millions of rounds on my Dillon 450, upgraded to a 550, upgraded to a 550B. Every part that moves has been worn out and replaced. It hasn't cost me a dime and I would not think of EVER loading on anything else. Mike Dillon is a man of his word, if you wear it out, break it or it gets washed away in a flood you will get a replacement. None of the rest even come close.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I had one of the early RF primer machines. It got to where it constantly jammed, even with new parts installed twice, all free from dillon. I boxed it up less than a month ago and shipped it back with a note asking for it to be looked at and then contacted for payment for the repair or replacement. Today out of the blue fed-ex drops off a completely rebuilt unit, with the new rheostat addition installed. It works great, and all at no charge!

Those folks are amazing.

• 1 year later...

I know THIS IS AN OLD THREAD but here goes anyway. Once again, Dillon as proven why I spend so much money on their products.

Today I called Dillon because a part on my priming system broke. When I didn't know what the part was called, a couple of well placed questions by the Dillon rep and he knew what I broke. He verified my shipping info and told me the parts would be in the mail California bound Monday. (today is Friday 5:30PM California time). No muss no fuss no BS and free of charge. Dillon's no BS warranty is everything they say it is. My 650 is a work horse and I don't think I will ever need another press. If I do, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be A BLUE PRESS!!!!!!!

Edited by rdsii64

I know THIS IS AN OLD THREAD but here goes anyway. Once again, Dillon as proven why I spend so much money on their products.

Today I called Dillon because a part on my priming system broke. When I didn't know what the part was called, a couple of well placed questions by the Dillon rep and he knew what I broke. He verified my shipping info and told me the parts would be in the mail California bound Monday. (today is Friday 5:30PM California time). No muss no fuss no BS and free of charge. Dillon's no BS warranty is everything they say it is. My 650 is a work horse and I don't think I will ever need another press. If I do, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be A BLUE PRESS!!!!!!!

Good to hear. I hope I don't need it anytime soon :cheers:

What he said!^^^^

+1...I had a very similar situation with my 550, thanks Dillon!

Sent from the range