Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looks like Dillons "No BS" warranty is officially "BS"

Helped a friend assemble a used 550B and noticed an extra part that mine doesn't have. P/N 14015. Primer Track Bearing. So I email Dillon and told them the story. They told me that my 550B did not come with that part but yet in my manual it shows the part! They also told me they would charge me for the upgrade part if I wanted it. Go I guess the current Dillon has changed and are now charging for replacement parts!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! Dillon takes insanely good care of their customers. Might wanna clarify what's going on before you alienate yourself. Did your press work without that part? If so, then that would be an upgrade, not a broken part. Those guys are busting it just as hard as the component makers. Im sure they are probably more than a little over whiney folk who want free stuff.

If you dislike it so much, I will happily give you $200 and take it off your hands. Then you could put that into a red or green press with "better" service...

Edited by wgj3

I would love to upgrade my 550 for free, or at least the cost of shipping. Or maybe not because the only two things I know of that might need upgrading are the powder measure with the older linkage and not having zerks. The press is working like a champ so I see no reason to mess with it. Why fix what isn't broken.

Never had an issue with any parts that I ordered from them that were sent for free under warranty. This is the first time. I've broken parts before and called and was sent replacements without ever having to send the old ones back. So if my manual shows the part and mine is missing then case closed.

So you asked for a part you don't have, never broke and expect it for free? Exactly why should that be covered by a warranty? The owners manual for my new car shows a sunroof and I don't have one........

That is the dumbest comment I have ever heard! The unit is supposed to come with that part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What don't you understand! So if I buy a grille that I have to assemble and there are screws missing to assemble it I have to pay for the parts that are missing?

Edited by sig2009

Based on that logic if I had an RL 1050 that was not more than a year old when the Super 1050 came out I should have been able to upgrade my RL 1050 to a Super 1050 with free parts from Dillon. It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I have called Dillon to order parts for my Super 1050 that broke or wore out and on several occasions they have not charged me for the part even though my machine was 3-4 years old. I find it hard to believe they would not send a part if in fact it came on the machine originally.

NOT going to point or throw stones here but. #1) did you buy your 550b new? #2) was that the manual that came with "YOUR" new press ?

If your press came with that manual right out of the box then I would say they didnt put a new manual in an older press box and they should give you the obvious missing part!! I just unboxed my new press last thursday and anything it didnt have with it was listed as "OPTIONAL" ...

If nothing else they should supply it free and you cover the shipping at least....just my $.02 worth

There are a lot of different parts depending on when the press was made. I use a 550 from the 1980's and had to buy a few parts to make it work with new style quick change powder setups. I certainly did not expect them to supply all of that for me but I would bet if an original part broke I would have no problem getting it warrantied. I have had nothing but great service from Dillon.

Sig 2009: PM me your address and I'll send you a bearing. We all help each other out here. Dillon is busy as hell now. Try and cut them some slack til this insanity is over. ;)

You are referring to the little steel plate under the primer slide ?

My 450 works fine without it I remember when they "upgraded" the RL550 with it and Dads 550 with 3 of us using it worked fine without it, just had to clean it every so often and motor mica as a dry lube, functioned fine before and after adding this part might help with wear to the press frame being Aluminum rubbing with an aluminum primer slide if I recall that is also about the time they started coating the primer slides also.

Its a 4$ bearing.....low value.

Don't matter if he is wrong or rite.

He is the customer with a complaint.

So you take the high road as a buisness and send him a bearing.

The customer is always right....

The 4$ bearing will cause him and 10 of his friends not

To purchase Dillon Equipment.

YOUNGEYES you are a asset to the forum. A+ brother

Edited by SD1

well, i think if the manual shows the part... it should be furnished by Dillion... oops.. i forgot... Dillion is infallible.. my bad..

not infallible, just very highly regarded by most of us here

Hello: Feel lucky you could actually get ahold of Dillon. I ended up just ordering the parts that should have been covered under warranty because I could not get anyone on the phone for 3 weeks. Now I just need an update when the parts for my SL900 will be shipped since it is down and I can't reload right now. The website says orders could take up to 6-8 weeks to ship :surprise: An update would be nice? Thanks, Eric

I can hear the theme from Jeopardy playing in the background. Won't be long now.

But don't the losers still get some money? I think the second loser get $2000 and the third gets $1000. In Wheel of Fortune, everyone gets to take home whatever they win.

Dog

Helped a friend assemble a used 550B and noticed an extra part that mine doesn't have. P/N 14015. Primer Track Bearing. So I email Dillon and told them the story. They told me that my 550B did not come with that part but yet in my manual it shows the part! They also told me they would charge me for the upgrade part if I wanted it. Go I guess the current Dillon has changed and are now charging for replacement parts!

Dillon is a stand up company who has taken care of me several times.

Pat

Its a 4$ bearing.....low value.

Don't matter if he is wrong or rite.

He is the customer with a complaint.

So you take the high road as a buisness and send him a bearing.

The customer is always right....

The 4$ bearing will cause him and 10 of his friends not

To purchase Dillon Equipment.

YOUNGEYES you are a asset to the forum. A+ brother

Whoever said the customer is always right never met the customer. :roflol:

Over the years they have turned my mid '80's SD's into the latest for free, while they rebuilt them, again for free.

Although I enjoyed it, as a business owner, I could never quite grasp it. If (insert the maker of your car) replaced everything you broke or wore out over the years for free we would still be driving around Model T's.

With such a small line and limited number of customers, I don't know how they do it with so much success.

I would challenge anyone to come up with a better analogy for no BS warranty than Dillon offers. Hell, if they sold hamburgers they would feed you again, next time you were hungry.