Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lower for 3 gun build

jualdeaux

Whoever's logo you like the best.

If you are going forged, there aint a dime's worth if difference between them. If you want billet, pick the one you like the looks of the best. I really like seekins and mega for billet.

I have the AXTS AX556 also and couldn't be happier. It may have minor compatibility issues with billet uppers though. Search my previous posts regarding compatibility with my JP PSC11 upper. It was relatively easy to fix though.

I've got several that I bought before things got crazy for $60-$65 and they work fine. They aren't as classy as the Seekins my son bought but I don't have that much disposible income. I'd much rather spend the money on a better barrel or higher quality glass and rings than on the lower reciever. My 2 cents.

I have a Seekins lower and it is very nice and has a built in ambi bolt release but it will not take a Beta Mag due to the extended front portion of the magwell. You could trim off that part if you really needed to use a Beta, otherwise it is a beautiful, unique lower.

Doug

Whatever you can get for a price that is palatable - other than looks, there is not much to choose between them IMHO. The lower is the last place you need to spend significant money... instead, save your pennies for the best barrel (for accuracy), bolt (for durability) and optic (for clarity) that you can afford. A good match trigger and free float handguard are great investments too. Get a decent muzzle brake too, but you don't need to spend money on anything more exotic than a DPMS Miculek.

I like the YHM Lowers (Yankee Hill Machine) the finish is very good and all the holes line up as they do on most lowers today. It is a matter of what you have used and had success with. There really is not much difference from one to another. Billet lowers and uppers are quite a bit heavier than forged.

noveske gen 2 or lancer for the specific purpose of a 3-gun rifle only for the flared magwell. Depends on if its for pure function or you want some flash along with it. seekins or mega are best asthetically IMO.

Edited by burnjus

noveske gen 2 or lancer for the specific purpose of a 3-gun rifle only for the flared magwell. Depends on if its for pure function or you want some flash along with it. seekins or mega are best asthetically IMO.

The Noveske Gen 2 won't work with a a Surefire mag which makes it a no go in my book for three gun. A flared mag well is of limited value as the reloads we do are very seldom and when we do most of us usually use a coupled mag and there is little benefit to a flared magwell when running a coupled mag and it can be a problem if its flared too much.

Pat

The Noveske Gen 2 won't work with a a Surefire mag which makes it a no go in my book for three gun. A flared mag well is of limited value as the reloads we do are very seldom and when we do most of us usually use a coupled mag and there is little benefit to a flared magwell when running a coupled mag and it can be a problem if its flared too much.

Pat

+1 on the mag choice....I plan on running a pmag with the 18 round Nordic extension instead of a surefire which would obviously work with any lower. And I know a coupled mag works with the Noveske, but surely not the Lancer.