Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot in the MCC match because I enjoy participaing in the match with my Ruger Alaskan Revolver. I do my best to engage the stages well and observe how my performance compares to other participants. If it was not fun to shoot in the match I would find a fencing tournament to compete in instead. I HATED missing the 2012 match after participating in the first three matches, but work prevented me from being there. As long as the MCC matches are held I intend on doing my best to be there and participate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After many miles and nights spent in hotels thinking about it. With no end in sight (and other reasons) I have made the decision to cancel the 2013 Memphis Charity Challenge.

I would like to thank the Awesome people at the Memphis Sport Shooting Assn for all the support and generosity in the past (we were not charged any Range Fees) and All the fine sponsors in the past. Especially.....Springfield Armory, North Mountain, Sierra Bullets, Bang Inc., Precision Delta Bullets, Apex Tactical, Hearthco Moonclips, Tk Custom, Mississippi Classic, Tennessee Section, ICORE ......and the list goes on but Thanks to all.

Work has kept me busy this year (More this year than last 2 combined) and I'm NOT going to throw you fine people a match together at the last minute because I have a set standard that I will NOT allow the MCC to go below.

I still have some loose ends with the 2012 MCC to tie up. After that I expect to donate LeBohneur Childrens Hospital another $3000 for a total of $16,000 since the MCC has been around.

Thanks to all that have been supporting the Memphis Charity Challenge, and LeBohneur Childrens Hospital. I fully intend to bring you the 2014 version of the MCC in what ever format the division is next year as a level II or maybe III.

With regret for the 2013 Memphis Charity Challenge, and LeBohneur Childrens Hospital.

Sam Keen

I look forward to the 2014 Memphis Charity Challenge. I believe that without the past MCC matches that the current dedicated 2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals would not have come to be held. While I hate to see the 2013 MCC cancelled, I respect why you decided to do so.

Sam, thanks for what you have done in the past,,in 3 years yo have created a match everyone talks about.Time will come again for another match,and I hope to be there...thank you .

in the meantime keep making all that money :roflol:

Sorry to hear that Sam, but I fully understand that work aspect as I'm sure most folks do. I agree with Blueridge - I don't think we would be having the stand alone revolver nationals without your match to show it was possible.

Thanks for your past efforts and looking forward to next year.

I agree with the sentiments about Sam and his match being at least as responsible as anything else for the Nationals in a couple of weeks. On that note, I think we shooters who are going to enjoy these Nationals need to "pick up the slack" for Sam's charity for 2013, since we can't do it in Memphis. If we all kick in, we can get a nice chunk of change for Sam to give to the kids. I'm in for $50.

DanO

I agree with the sentiments about Sam and his match being at least as responsible as anything else for the Nationals in a couple of weeks. On that note, I think we shooters who are going to enjoy these Nationals need to "pick up the slack" for Sam's charity for 2013, since we can't do it in Memphis. If we all kick in, we can get a nice chunk of change for Sam to give to the kids. I'm in for $50.

DanO

That is a great idea. I am willing to donate to the cause for this year to keep the tradition going. Sam just let us know the best way to provide the funds so that a 2013 donation can be made to the children's hospital. :)

Edited by Blueridge

Date has been set. Please mark it on your calander, and please come shoot it. Details later, but some changes are in the works.

2013 Memphis Charity Challenge November 1 and 2 !!!!!! :D :D :D

Hopalong

I have only ONE nephew and some how he already picked that weekend last December to get married.

I tried to have the future bride change the date, NO WAY.

Hopefully see you next year!

Hi guys and gals.

Thanks for the support. I'm humbled by the comments. If you would like to send a donation for LeBohneur Childrens Hospital and are not going to be at the Revolver Nationals. Make a check out to Memphis Charity Challenge and send it to Sam Keen 800 Browns Lane #R3 Gallatin, TN 37066

If you are going to the USPSA Revolver Nationals make a check out to Memphis Charity Challenge and I'll see you there.

Sam

That's great guys, but what we really need is for more people to organize Revolver-only USPSA matches around the country.

Sam's Memphis match (and before that, my Iowa back-to-back and King of Revo matches) prove it can done successfully.

It's pretty fatiguing to run a match like that year after year. Time for some other folks to step up.

Sorry to hear this Sam. I have enjoyed every MCC very much and have gotten several others from my local club to go and turn to the round side. I also think you have had a great influence on the stand alone Revo Nats coming to be. I also think that Mike's idea is a great one. I have a new range this year at my local club in MN that could host such a match but not this year as we are still trying to fininsh the ground work and the weather is not cooperating at all so far this year. Sam, I will get you a check at the Nats for LeBohneur. And a BIG thank you Sam and Elizabeth for all you have done the past years for the MCC, it has always be one of the highlights of my year to come down and shoot with everyone who has supported your match.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For those who enjoyed shooting revolvers at the Memphis Charity Challenge, the 8th Annual, 2013 Southern Regional Revolver Championship (ICORE) will be held at the Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club in Byram, Mississippi on September 14, 2013. I was talking to Phillip Hemphil today who was disappointed that the MCC was cancelled and I invited him to come shoot the SRRC with us. For those who live out of state, Byram is located just south of Jackson, Mississippi on Interstate 55, Exit 85. The road trip is only 3 hours south of the MCC location. Here is the match application for more information.

http://icore.teammagnolia.com/

• 3 months later...