Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It being a sanctioned USPSA match membership is required. Don't be discouraged though there may be a twist this year. Stuff in the works is all i will say for now.

We have a website. Www.memphischaritychallenge.com/

Nothing there about 2013 though. Best info here on these forums. Search MCC and Memphis charity challenge with year dates from 2009 up to 2012

Hopalong

• 1 month later...

News !!!!!

The 2013 Memphis Charity Challenge will be shot in a new format !!!!!

Friday and Saturday Squads with a total of 150 shooters for the match !!!!!

Thursday Stages will be open for observation after 12:00 with a few Range officers shooting them for score and proofing.

Bigger and Better news !!!!!

The 2013 Memphis Charity Challenge will be a level l USPSA sanctioned match (like a club level, so no USPSA membership required, but suggested)

The 2013 Memphis Charity Challenge will also waive the ruling in the Revolver division that requires a reload after 6 shots so we can use the match as a test bed for the 6 shots Major vs 6+ Minor debate. I have personally asked a handfull of different skill level shooters to bring both types of guns and shoot both days to also have that type of information. If I didn't ask you don't be offended it is NOT personal.

So When we get the entry forms up (soon) IF you decide to shoot your 6+ shot revolver you MUST shoot it with MINOR scoring even if it can make major.

Price to enter will also go down to $100.00 instead of the previous years costs. It will be 9 stages and will take 200+/- rounds to complete the match.

Paul Hernandez will again be the Range Master and has agreed that the Memphis Charity Challenge is the proper place to test this concept !!!!

Thanks and Schedule the First Weekend in November to be in Memphis, Tennessee.

(Elvis voice.......ThankYouVeryMuch) :goof:

Hopalong

Hey Hop, would I get extra points if I reloaded after every two rounds. Just curious.

Maybe you should propose a rule change that would allow derringers in the revolver class with super major scoring. :devil:

Set those up with moon clips and require people to where cowboy hats and I'm in!

Edited by Dragon11

I know off topic but now you have me wondering .....the 1/3 moon clips just might work in a derringer...by the way will definately try to make memphis again had a blast last time.

All the greatest things in life started with an idea. I'm just saying.

Will the guys that shoot 8 minor be scored in revolver?

Never mind I just read the match rules again... let me know how the test turns out.

Edited by ChrisC