Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag Dilemma

dlouie87

Hello,

I've been in the market now for a range bag and I've narrowed it down to the CED Deluxe bag ($89) and the Shooter's Connection's Tournament bag ($99, was $139). I was just wondering if any of you have played with either and what are your opinions on them?

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-BLACK-P555.aspx#

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/CED-Deluxe-Professional-Range-Bag.html

-Dan

I have the CED and I've been running with the same bag I bought 2 years ago without complaint. Couldnt be more pleased. I wish I had knowledge of something else to compare it with, but I guess I hit the "What do I really need" lottery the first try and never looked back.

Hello: I have had many range bags but the Shooters Connection bags are the ones to have. They are very strong and built for shooters. I have both the Ultra and the Pro bags (actually a couple of each) and like them both. I like the Pro bag a little better and have been using the inner bag for when the weather gets bad and if I need to walk a long way. One thing that I have been doing is not taking everything I own and putting them in the range bag. I just load up what I need and leave the rest in the truck in another Shooters Connection bag. Thanks, Eric

I'm kind of a lightweight. I usually only bring one gun, two at most and it all fits in the CED deluxe bag. It holds a couple of Dillon plastic tool boxes, timer, mags, Rudy glass case and 2-300 rounds.

I've had mine for two years + and it still feels new. I'd say it looks new, but it's a little dusty.

I like the SC bag.

The inner lift out bag works great at a match for carrying between stages but you can bring everything with you to the match but not need to carry it all over.

I like how all my gear stays together. One bag. Everything together.

I can't say enough good things about the construction of the Shooter's Connection bag. That is one of the best designed bags out there, and you can't beat the construction.....

I've totally switched to a backpacks as a range bag though -- it's much easier easier on my back....

Started with a CED Deluxe bag several years ago now using a CED Compact bag and much prefer it over the Deluxe size. Both I would highly recommend based on layout and costruction.

The only reason for the switch from the Deluxe to the Compact was that I was not carrying enough to justify the large size bag.

If you're a kitchen sink kind of guy, go big. I'm kind of minimalist so I prefer a smaller bag.

No matter the size, it's the ammo that weighs the most. For me, one gun, ammo, a few tools and reasonable miscellany and I can still shoulder the bag comfortably.

The SC bag is a great bag. Absolutely the best made bag out there especially at that price point. However, you will fill it and determine that half to two thirds of what you have is just weight to lug around.

My wife and I shoot with one of the i-Shot shotgunner bag's. Two different calibers, 2 sets of mags, small tool kit and all the accessories (drinks and snacks) that both of us need. It is small and forces you to not carry your tool bench. The second bag is in the car for guns.

Hello: The Shooters Connection inner bag will fit inside the Ultra bag. I use this setup for shooting steel. I carry the Ultra bag with the inner bag to the stage. I then remove the inner bag to take it to the line to shoot. The Ultra bag carries all the ammo, Rudy Rydon's, extra ear plugs, and spare parts. The inner bag carries the pistol, mags and lens wipes for the C-More. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I have had many range bags but the Shooters Connection bags are the ones to have. They are very strong and built for shooters. I have both the Ultra and the Pro bags (actually a couple of each) and like them both. I like the Pro bag a little better and have been using the inner bag for when the weather gets bad and if I need to walk a long way. One thing that I have been doing is not taking everything I own and putting them in the range bag. I just load up what I need and leave the rest in the truck in another Shooters Connection bag. Thanks, Eric

^^^^ Best idea! I take the whole bag if I have my cart and cooler (it helps hold the cooler in place) and just the inner bag when I don't.

I have a CED deluxe Bag... It is coming up on exactly one year since I bought this. I will say, I was very, very happy with the bag for the first 7-9 moths. I honestly couldn't have been happier. It came with a few extra bags for range brass, very well constructed, and I liked the fact that not only could I bring 3 pistols to the range with me, I could easily fit all the mags I needed into the front compartment. I also have a mag pouch that fits perfectly into the back pocket!

About 2 months ago, my bag started "caving", losing its shape, and has become somewhat of a pain in the ass. The side of my bag are leaning in, the smaller (front and back) of the bag are also losing shape fast. I will admit, I have used the crap out it the bag but, it should last more than 1 year.

I called CED and the woman said she had never heard of that. I told her that I when I bought the bag I asked about this very thing. I was told this would be covered by the warrantee against anything like that. I was also told that this bag could hold up to 16lb box sitting on top of it (Not sure who would put a heavy box on top a range bag but, it made me feel like it was going to last! I treat all my equipment crazy good and take care of my bags and pistols like no other. One year after purchase and this bag is now falling apart. I was told by CPE that they would look in to it and they were going to call me back. Still no call back. They have not stood by their product and I would certainly NOT buy anything from them ever again.

I honestly didnt even expect them to replace the bag... a simple call back telling me that after a year use at the range, normal break down etc happens. Even though I would have still been pissed, it would have been fine and I would have at least no bad mouthed the company. When someone tells me they will call me back and they do not... well, thats when I write off a company. The other thing is, these are made in China, I was originally told by a rep at CED that these were produced in the states... Well, plain as day, the inside tag clearly says made in China. I would recommend to everyone to buy American.... there are many reasons that I will not get into, and this isnt the time and place for a rant like that. There are several companies that made far better and quality bag that is made right here in the USA.

I would seriously tell you to look into Bagmaster or I-Shot. I know they are a little bit more $ but, they all have a lifetime warranty and you will be getting a GREAT bag. If these jokers at CED do not warranty my bag, I will be buying an Ashburn bag from I-Shot (Same price as the CED). I really like the Suede Leather Pro Shooter's Bag from Bagmaster but, its a bit pricey.

Anyway, just my thoughts!

Edited by Cundiff5535