Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra Prime is back!

KentG

it may not be a race , But everything competes for our time.

Jaime has turned into a philosopher. And he does make a good point. Compare timed saved versus dollars spent. For some the Dillon makes more sense. To others, the Vibraprime is the way to go. Then for us retired folks, we have lots of time (and a spouse that fills my primer tubes).

Bill

:cheers::roflol: I like that

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My spouse used to fill primer tubes. Then about the time I found a VP she bought me a RF. Played with both, like the RF. I get MAYBE 1 in 500 flipped with it, its all about the adjustment, turn it up too fast and the flippage is more, turn it down too low and the tube never gets full.

Guns Across America was great today at the CO state capital, the state cop I talked to said it was the 2nd largest rally he had seen there.

jj

I have 2 vibra primes, 1 RF 100 and had the Pal.

My vote goes to the vibra prime. My RF with rheostat would flip 1-2 out 300-400 rounds.

The vibra prime and pal reduces that to 0. I had to check all of my loaded rounds with the RF and that was a pain in the butt.

I can load 10 tubes in about 6-7 minutes, which is much faster than either checking the loaded rounds or watching each and every primer as the RF cycles away.

If I knew for certain that the RF was 100%, then it would be the primary.

Never had the vibraprime, I have the pal. What made you go with vibraprime over the pal? Price?

It looks like the tray is a little bigger then the one on the old vibra prime but I do know the pal will take a federal primer box.

You can pull the tray out of the vibra prime and lay it flat on the table, which makes it much easier to drop a tray of primers into it. You have to find something to prop the pal up against to level it. The plastic lid on the vibra prime is also easier/faster to take off and put back on compared to the slider on the pal.

The new vibra prime is supposed to work better than the originals. They looked at the original and found a few ways to improve it according to a couple of the guys that were working on it. I have never used an original but the new one should be a huge hit with its price point.

I prefer the Vibra Prime over the Dillon RF 100 due to the problem stated above on primers being upside down. But then again I am retired aand have plenty of time to load. I keep 10 large and 10 small primer tubes loaded using a Vibra Prime. If I didn't do that I would have to find something else to occupy my time.

Nothing, but sliced bread is right behind Hostess Cup Cakes.

Reply to the previous post.

"Wow! So much excitement over a primer tube filler! Must be the greatest thing since sliced bread!"

Steve I was attempting humor by hinting that neither are available currently. :)

Cool! Does she have a sister? :bow:

No, but I've got one crazy ass mother in law I'd love to send to Florida.

Hey! If you toss a couple of the new Vibra Primes in we might be able to deal. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

This is why we have choices. Some people choose to spend less money and more time, some more money and less time. I think both are valid options. I am sure the VP is much better than picking up primers off a tray one at a time but some people will continue to use a tray. To me reloading is a chore I do so I can go shoot. I try and make the chore as painless as possible. I know some people think reloading is almost as much fun as shooting. If we were all the same it would be pretty boring.

The RF is a little hard to get set up correctly. Needs to be very level, the speed needs to be set correctly, and there is an adjustmen just before the primers go into the hole that needs to be set. Once mine was set up it has been perfect. I am 10k+ from the last flipped primer. I still case guage and put every round I am going to shoot in a match into a box so if a flipped one did get in I would see it.

Nothing, but sliced bread is right behind Hostess Cup Cakes.

Reply to the previous post.

"Wow! So much excitement over a primer tube filler! Must be the greatest thing since sliced bread!"

Steve I was attempting humor by hinting that neither are available currently. :)

Not if you eat your veggies! I've found both recently! :)

Are there a sufficient numbers of press manufactures that use vertical prime loading systems to warrant

primer manufactures selling primers pre packaged in tubes ,like in disposable straws instead of flat

trays that need to be flipped to the correct side up then picked up?

^^^

There might be a market, but the DOT shipping regs have to be followed and how primers are packaged affects their DOT classification. By shipping the primers stacked on top of each other rather than in individual pockets in trays or strips, that would make them less safe to ship and probably put them into another shipping class.

Yeah, I had a vibraprime wayyyyy back when. It always dumped primers in upside down, several per hundred. I actually sent it back for my money back. Then a year or so later I find this forum & hear that folks are using them but not with the original tubes??? Something about using your dillon tubes & just holding them in place or something. Well, I wasn't willing to buy another one to try out so never got back into the VP business. Wonder if you will be able to use the factory tubes now without upside down primers?

MLM

I have a had one for for over a decade. Never had one feed a upside down primer. Ever. Never had a RF and have no input on the relliabilty of them. I have loaded thousands of primers via vibraprime and NEVER had one go the wrong way.

The ones that I have (from 5 years ago) allowed you to use the proprietary VP tubes, or use the regular Dillon tubes by removing the yellow or blue tips and just holding them up tightly against the feed ramp of the Vibra-Prime.

The Dillon tubes worked fine, but when filled with 100 primers were filled right to the top! almost to the point of spilling over. I didn't like that, and I only had 3 or 4 Small Primer tubes to begin with, and I had purchased about 8 Vibra-Prime tubes when I first got mine. So I actually ripped the VP adapters off of my VP tubes and just hold those tubes up against the feed ramp.

But since I keep my tubes upright in a plastic Folgers coffee can, It can make telling which ones are full & which ones are empty a little difficult, as I can only determine from the visual presence or absence of the little clip at the bottom of the tube. But it makes filling the tubes so much easier, as I don't have to be so cautious as to the orientation of the adapter, nor do I have to worry about locking it in place.

Kinda like a quick connect! :)

Edit to add: The adapters that came with the old VP tubes were simply glued on to a knurled surface on the tubes, but a quick, firm yank would pull them off. A trick I learned from Flex$. :rolleyes: I still have all my VP adapters, but not sure why I kept them. It's been years since I converted them.

Edited by Chris Keen

How does this compare to the Pal Filler?

In quality of workmanship there is no comparison. The Pal is a precision made piece of gear.

In function I'm sure the VP comes close to the Pal since they operate on the same basic premise.