Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NBC Sports Cancels 3 Gun Nation!

JediTodd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point this is a win win decision by NBC Sports. Its the Off Season so there is only reruns happening. By FEB things may have cooled down and they can start back up.

Not the case. The episode on Sunday morning that NBC refused to air was a new episode, as well as at least one more new episode before Vegas. Then there is the finale of the Rumble on the Range shoot-off.

And Cheaper than Dirt has just announced it will quit selling guns, while it jacked up the price of Pmags by 200% and Lake City 5.56 by 33%.

What a ChickenS**t move. They make their money by selling gun stuff to gun people. Now they are going to pretend it is OK as long as they don't sell guns?

I haven't bought much from them in a while, but I will never give them any of my money again.

Not the case. The episode on Sunday morning that NBC refused to air was a new episode, as well as at least one more new episode before Vegas. Then there is the finale of the Rumble on the Range shoot-off.

Not really. Sunday morning is the repeat. The original was aired on Wednesday before the tragedy. So the only unaired show is the Wrap up/Gear In Review show. The Runble is still two months off and by then who knows where or what the political landscape will be.

Silly season is in full bloom!

CTD has suspended sales of firearms, raised prices on pmags yesterday 100% and 200% today, they are selling M855 for $859/1K!;

Cerberus Capital is selling the entire "Freedom Group" which includes Remington, Marlin, Barnes Bullets and whole slew of others;

Dicks Sporting Goods, WalMart, and Academy is suspending sales of black rifles;

All the firearms programming getting cancelled on multiple networks.

I swear if silly season were a blast furnace running at full tilt, it's like someone is has decided to add propane and nitrous oxide to it....

Edited by Shadowrider

Crazy stuff to say the least. This all comes at a time when the firearms and shooting sports communities where riding a very big high. One step forward Two steps back.

I wont be watching NBC anything or shopping at several retailers any longer. Im glad the Super Bowl is on another network this year.

Emotions are definitely high all around. If this were a battle, and I was an opposing general, the panic appearing on my opponent’s lines would only encourage me to attack more ferociously. I’m OK with lining up traitors in front of the firing squad, but right now, the enemy is that way folks!

Never mind the troops that our fearless leader still continues to send to the sandbox nations. It is fine for them to die and then for our country to pull out of there like we did in Viet Nam and all those lives lost will have been for nothing like the 65,000 before them.

And Cheaper than Dirt has just announced it will quit selling guns, while it jacked up the price of Pmags by 200% and Lake City 5.56 by 33%.

This bunch of opportunists needs to go out of business...!!! They can take their $60 PMAGS and stick them where the sun never shines... I for one will no longer shop with them... MidwayUSA has better service anyway...!!!

Michael Backus via Tapatalk

not to be to basic.....but i have to say it. i am not rich....i shoot uspsa for fun..... i shoot my ar for fun.....while my heart breaks for what happened......why, seriously why, are my actions being curtailed finaincially while i had nothing to do with it? i know that the current mind set of our culture as far as violence goes needs to change.....but honestly why are those which have done no wrong being punished. this is not hypothetical...seriously does anyone have a viable answer as to how vast changes to laws and raises in ammo cost is going to help? not a debate wanted here...nor preaching to the choir.....truly looking for an answer from someone smarter than me as to how driving me from the shooting sports will make this country safer. i have served this country.....i was a first responder at 911....i work for the gov,t......vast background checks.....yet, i may be driven from something i enjoy......why?

Wally World had American Eagle $10.97/20 Ed box. I was told it was $4 cheaper the day before. I have not bought from CTD in years. They are not our friends or supporters in my humble opinion. I'm sure I can buy my ammo from better places and people.

NBC Sports is a major sponsor at SHOT next month... they have the "New Product Showcase" this year I think. Everyone that is going make sure to drop by and let them know how much we appreciate their support. :sick:

DanO

I will certainly pay them a visit.

NBC Sports is a major sponsor at SHOT next month... they have the "New Product Showcase" this year I think. Everyone that is going make sure to drop by and let them know how much we appreciate their support. :sick:

DanO

I don't think i will pay them a visit.Maybe just a solute as i pass on by.Not even that ,not worth it.

A company (NBC) is neither liberal or conservative. It is an apolitical money making enterprise. By canceling a shooting show that brings them minimal revenue they quite accurately believe that a fair number of sheep, I mean consumers, will view them as good corporate citizens. In the meantime they will continue to play their stock in trade shows depicting fictional homicides, killer vampires, good hearted hunter-killers of bad people, and a rerun or two of Scarface. All of which glamorize gun violence (unlike 3-gun) but which are huge revenue generators.

It is simply about the profit.

I went to the range today in VA nd all the AR's that were on wall there were over priced including a beaut of a colt comp that was 1795. All gone. All uppers sold. No lowers either. People selling used guns at nutty prices on consignment. People and companys are making lots of money off of a horrible tragedy.

On the other hand Wally world had .223 in stock at reasonable prices and the value pack 9mm was finally back in stock.

I've had an AR on order for over a month. I'm glad it was before this nutty mess. I hope I don't get delayed. I'll be happily going 3 gun in 2013.

I know cheaper than dirt has sold out and is price gouging on the rest. Dick's has also sold out gunowners. I read that Walmart will continue to sell firearms where available. Let your wallet do the talking and let those businesses know whether you'll be shopping with them any longer.

Cheaper Than Dirt has announced that it will be selling guns again. That this "stoppage" was just so that they could review their processes and make sure there were no issues. Basically CYA. Since they only ship to FFL and do no direct consumer delivery they were pretty well covered.

The price gouging though was a bit silly yesterday.

Cheaper Than Dirt has announced that it will be selling guns again. That this "stoppage" was just so that they could review their processes and make sure there were no issues. Basically CYA. Since they only ship to FFL and do no direct consumer delivery they were pretty well covered.

The price gouging though was a bit silly yesterday.

I just read that over at AR15.com and it wasn't too well received.