Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NBC Sports Cancels 3 Gun Nation!

JediTodd

not to be to basic.....but i have to say it. i am not rich....i shoot uspsa for fun..... i shoot my ar for fun.....while my heart breaks for what happened......why, seriously why, are my actions being curtailed finaincially while i had nothing to do with it? i know that the current mind set of our culture as far as violence goes needs to change.....but honestly why are those which have done no wrong being punished. this is not hypothetical...seriously does anyone have a viable answer as to how vast changes to laws and raises in ammo cost is going to help? not a debate wanted here...nor preaching to the choir.....truly looking for an answer from someone smarter than me as to how driving me from the shooting sports will make this country safer. i have served this country.....i was a first responder at 911....i work for the gov,t......vast background checks.....yet, i may be driven from something i enjoy......why?

I truely like this post.

almost any considered answers will be taken as not addressing the problem

or as politics.

in a parrallel comparison that I don't like, shall we discuss automobile safety belts?

miranda

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheaper Than Dirt has announced that it will be selling guns again. That this "stoppage" was just so that they could review their processes and make sure there were no issues. Basically CYA. Since they only ship to FFL and do no direct consumer delivery they were pretty well covered.

The price gouging though was a bit silly yesterday.

My guess is they stopped selling guns so they could triple the price before all of the inventory is gone.

….shall we discuss automobile safety belts?

That 30-40k people die a year in them, yet there's no public outcry?

Or that they predict 440,000+ people will die from cigarette related illness this year, yet there's silence the people who are screaming now about guns.

Yet "AW" deaths are an epidemic, few as there are.

Not about guns, it's about control.

Edited by cas

not to be to basic.....but i have to say it. i am not rich....i shoot uspsa for fun..... i shoot my ar for fun.....while my heart breaks for what happened......why, seriously why, are my actions being curtailed finaincially while i had nothing to do with it? i know that the current mind set of our culture as far as violence goes needs to change.....but honestly why are those which have done no wrong being punished. this is not hypothetical...seriously does anyone have a viable answer as to how vast changes to laws and raises in ammo cost is going to help? not a debate wanted here...nor preaching to the choir.....truly looking for an answer from someone smarter than me as to how driving me from the shooting sports will make this country safer. i have served this country.....i was a first responder at 911....i work for the gov,t......vast background checks.....yet, i may be driven from something i enjoy......why?

Because to them their sense of self security is much more important than yours.

Careful please. I'm a very liberal many gun owner. I've not commented lately on the thing that happened because there is nothing good to say. Both sides need to be cool right now. All of us as responsible gun owners whom enjoy the sport frequently things like this are just bad news no matter how you look at it.

Sorry but those things really dont go hand in hand nowdays. Time to pick a side. This thread will be locked in less than 10 minutes. Your either for us or against us.

Since this thread has drifted I'd like to add a comment about the pricing we are seeing in the marketplace.

In the last 2 weeks, we have probably doubled if not trippled the number of buyers of AR-type rifles and magazines as a result of the comments made by our elected officials. The supply was not able to keep up and the result of a free market when demand is high and supply is low in an increase in price.

In a month or 2, the demand will subside and the supply will catch up and the market will normalize. Unless the same elected officials are able to make good on their stated goals.

Since this thread has drifted I'd like to add a comment about the pricing we are seeing in the marketplace.

In the last 2 weeks, we have probably doubled if not trippled the number of buyers of AR-type rifles and magazines as a result of the comments made by our elected officials. The supply was not able to keep up and the result of a free market when demand is high and supply is low in an increase in price.

In a month or 2, the demand will subside and the supply will catch up and the market will normalize. Unless the same elected officials are able to make good on their stated goals.

I'm hoping this is how it'll go. Live in Va. I'm visiting CA for the holidays. I'm heading to some gun shops to see some neutered AR's, er regulated that is. Just reading the how to buy a gun in CA page on the neatest shops site it's way more costly and time consuming to purchase a gun in Cali. As Cali is a trend stetter for many regulations for rest of the nation I'm curious and a bit frightened about what could be heading east for sporting gun owners.

I'm hoping this is how it'll go. Live in Va. I'm visiting CA for the holidays. I'm heading to some gun shops to see some neutered AR's, er regulated that is. Just reading the how to buy a gun in CA page on the neatest shops site it's way more costly and time consuming to purchase a gun in Cali. As Cali is a trend stetter for many regulations for rest of the nation I'm curious and a bit frightened about what could be heading east for sporting gun owners.

I'm in Cali, and everyone here still thinks it waay to easy to get a gun..

I've even heard other gun owners say this, it makes me sad :(