Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much does your 2011 weigh?

ktm300

Mine is a 5* SV that Matt Cheely did some cuts in the slide, and put in a fluted barrell, comes in at 33.3 oz

I have a LDC SVI that comes in at 45.5 oz

That is a pretty wide gap, so I was wondering what is the spread?

39oz according to Brazos.

Heavy is good.....Heavy is reliable.....If it does not work you can always hit them with it. - Boris the Blade

That's why I carry a full size 1911 with a slab slide, and a rail.

Great movie!

• 2 years later...

What's the trend nowadays? My 5.4" Cheely SDC plastic grip arrived at 35 oz and I added a tungsten guide rod and brass magwell to bring it to 38 oz. My 6" Cheely SDC plastic grip arrived at 36 oz and I added a brass magwell to bring it to 38 oz.

I usually can. The recoil gets slightly more harsh as the magazine is emptied because there is less mass in the grip portion of the gun.

So do you slow your splits as you go through rounds or do your hits get worse?

Cha-lee what does your blaster weigh with mag and 21rnds of 40?

Unsure because it maxes out my cheap-o scale. I will have to load up a mag and weigh it then add it to the 50oz paper shredding machine. It wouldn't surprise me if it added another pound to the gun though.

I usually can. The recoil gets slightly more harsh as the magazine is emptied because there is less mass in the grip portion of the gun.

I always grip the gun hard like I mean it and continue shredding as fast as my finger can go. Just because the felt recoil gets slightly more harsh in feeling does not change how I manage the recoil or speed of shooting.

I always grip the gun hard like I mean it and continue shredding as fast as my finger can go. Just because the felt recoil gets slightly more harsh in feeling does not change how I manage the recoil or speed of shooting.

That is my point, the weight of the 2011 doesn't make a huge difference as long as it is set up correctly.