Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production 1st Mag - Where do you grab it?

acpie360

I'm new to the game and I do what TimMTP mentioned. Back pocket for initial magazine and then I have all still on my belt (4x).

Note that back pocket is necessary if the rules are being followed. Lots of people pull from a front pocket, but that breaks the rules from my understanding... even if it really is not giving any advantage.

In Production and L10 I start with 2 full mags in my back pocket 1 I use as a barney mag and just load the 1st round, though it's never over the legal Division limit. The 2nd is the one that will bring me up to max for the Division.

I've always done this because I don't want an 11 rounder to pop up when I least need it and the extra in my back pocket is there just in case I have some kind of catastrophic foul up and it has come in handy a couple of times.

As a personal note I don't top off the charge up mag after use as it helps keep me focused that I've shot x# courses so far, though it's more of a good luck zen thing, kind of a physical reminder that this course is the one to focus on and is most important. I only refresh it after a break of some kind.

Edited by pskys2

Barney up with back magazine, then insert first mag to bring it to 11 rounds. I will do similar if shooting Limited and the course is 18 to 20 rounds total. I always come to the line with 50 to 60 rounds on my belt so if I run dry the stage is already screwed. Pulling extras out of my pockets is nothing but a waste.

I grab a mag from the first pouch, load it, strip it, and put it in the last (rear-most) pouch. I then move the rear-most magazine into pouch #1. Granted, I'm shooting SS, so I'm limited to 10-rds (can't load 11).

For production, you can load 11 in the initial mag. So, I would load the rear-most mag with 11, and just pop that in during LAMR. If you have 4 pouches and 5 magazines, load from the one that's NOT in a pouch already. Load it with 11, and you're ready to go.

Hope that wasn't too confusing...

Edited by polizei1

Don't get the take first then put last into the first deal. Why not take the last to begin with. I have mags numbered - mag 6 has the 11 in - that is six pouches and this is the last one. As one person mentioned have it either numbered or different colored base plate/slam pad. The one time you have to be careful is with an unloaded stage - did that one time and got moved up to open. Otherwise system works easier that the mag swap, pocket pick etc.

Just my system though.

Edited by gunshrink

I grab the mag out of my fifth pouch, load it, run the slide, eject and return the (now 9 round) mag to its prior location, and pull and load the mag out of the sixth pouch.....

Works for me....

Me too! Very safe: No mag ever has >10 rounds, no mags in pockets, no remembering which one has +1 and all mags can be used legally from pouches on the belt for those stages where the wheels fall off...

I have my mag pouches full of mags with 10 rounds. I keep an 11 round mag in my pocket.

If loaded start, put the 11 rounder out of my pocket into the gun.

If unloaded leave the 11 rounder in my pocket. I won't go for it, and I know the consequences of using it.

It's not rocket surgery boys.

While it is quicker to load from an eleven round magazine, to be absolutely sure that I NEVER have one on my person at the start signal, I've gotten into the habit of only loading ten in all mags. I also like having all the mags on my belt start with the same round count.

So I load from two back pocket mags: a barney mag to chamber from, which goes back into the back pocket, and then a full ten round mag to follow.