Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-08 "Madness"

Flexmoney

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Shot it a few months ago in Open with a gun I'd never shot before. 57 points (nicked a no-shoot, but got the A, too) in 9.72s. Felt like I was pushing it. Came back as 55.9375%. Woulda been 65.7509% without the NS.

I've since gotten my own Open gun and put a few rounds through it. Shot it again today. Shot the first 3 targets after the draw and realized that I was sitting there waiting. Started seeing/shooting faster on the last 11 shots... moron, coulda been great. ;) 68 points, 8.25s should come back as 78.6227%. :)

Shot this one Sunday in Revo

Stage: 3  Madness
Place Name                  No. Class Division    Pts  Pen Time   Hit Fact Stg Pts  Stg %
   2 Rembis, Nick           19   U   Revolver     35  70  29.38   0.0000   0.0000   0.00%

:o:blink::(

Should be good for 0% nationally, LOL

Loosely quoted: ;)

"Now you know what to work on"

- Jake Di Vita

Hell ya, Its called do not try and shoot this one when its freezing and your standing on the firing line looking like you have a really bad case of Parkinsons disease, maybe I can get a reshoot on this one in warm weather :)

Are you sure you've got the HHF right? ;):D

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

69 in 8.30, Limited

Mediocre 1.4 draw and a bad 1.7 reload.

My big mistake was using the same focus type for every shot. You only need the best focus for T4 and you can get away with worse for the other targets. It sort of reminds me of Melody Line.

Best run of the squad was an Open M at 6.73, down 2. Too bad the classifier won't be turned in to USPSA. :(

• 4 weeks later...

62 points in 9.08.

Limited C shooter. I slowed down for the T4 and got the shots.

1.5 draw, reload was just under 2 seconds.

Works out to 71% on the ohio calculator.

• 4 weeks later...

Shot this today for my first classifier turn-in. I ran it in 8.88 seconds, 3 down, puts it at a 73 percent. The center target was the one that really made me slow down. I'm happy with the score.

• 6 months later...
Shot this classifier last week with a revo.....the deal was, shoot six, reload, shoot one,

reload, shoot six, reload shoot 1.

Is that how other revo's shot this ?? I'm new to the game but dumping 5 rnds to the ground

seemed silly.

Well, Dave. The answers to your questions are 'Yes', that's how other revo's shoot the COF, and 'Yes' it is silly to dump 5 perfectly good rnds to comply with the COF. Many of the new [CM 03 series] classifiers force revo's to perform extra reloads in the middle of a portion of a string where the other divisions have enough rounds to avoid the extra reload. Supposedly, the "extra" time allotment built into the revolver HHF makes up for that 'minor' inconvenience. It doesn't.

Shot this classifier last week with a revo.....the deal was, shoot six, reload, shoot one,

reload, shoot six, reload shoot 1.

Is that how other revo's shot this ?? I'm new to the game but dumping 5 rnds to the ground

seemed silly.

Well, Dave. The answers to your questions are 'Yes', that's how other revo's shoot the COF, and 'Yes' it is silly to dump 5 perfectly good rnds to comply with the COF. Many of the new [CM 03 series] classifiers force revo's to perform extra reloads in the middle of a portion of a string where the other divisions have enough rounds to avoid the extra reload. Supposedly, the "extra" time allotment built into the revolver HHF makes up for that 'minor' inconvenience. It doesn't.

Hello Professor, just to let you know, I asked this same question over in the revo section of

BE (didn't get any hits here till you) I'd have to say that everyone seems to have shot it the

way stated, but we have questioned if indeed we could have shot it differently.

Come on over and join the fun if you want.

I get to shoot this one next week so I figured to get some tips =) looks like I should slow down on T4 but other wise let it hang out a little ...It seems like someone could shoot this in the 5 second range so maybe the HF is not to high. don't know ... should be shot in what 5.3 seconds or so (theoretically !) .... 1 sec draw .2.2.4.2.2.2 1.5 reload .2.2.4.2.2.2 seems reasonable on paper... I wouldn't be surprised to hear of someone doing it in 5 sec.

well back to reality ... any thoughts on the reload ... shoot T1-t7 reload T7-T1 or was reloading and moving to T-1 and shooting it in the same order a better idea.

thanks

c38

let you know how it goes !

• 4 weeks later...

ran this one last weekend.

production

9.19 seconds

13 alpha

1 delta

should be ~83%

the delta was on the far left target...how sad is that? i could feel that i had slowed way down for the middle target and had to consciously push the speed for the last 3 targets, both times through. need a little more speed...

1 Sindelar, Todd 4 GM Production 62 0 7.44 8.3333 70.0000 100.00%

I shot this one with Russ last Sunday for the first time. I dry fired it pretty consistently in about 7 seconds the day before and just tried to keep that pace during the match. I ended up pretty close which was cool. I was about 4 tenths of the pace and I believe that was after the load, as the sights didn't settle quite right and I had to be patient and re-adjust the sight picture before breaking the shot. The 8 points I dropped were from 2 C's and a D. The D was on the far right open target and was from over swinging a bit...Ended up 95.xx%, woulda been 100% if I would have stopped the the sights on the A zone instead of just BROWN for the last shot. Oh well, lesson learned, "Don't loose focus (give up) before the last shot breaks".

This one's all about vision, focus, and patience/follow-thru.

Good job Russ BTW, I told you that the M card was coming soon!

Edited by Turtle

• 11 months later...

Shot this yesterday for the first time at M'burg as a "C" class shooter. God that middle target got me good. The stage winner at this match shot this just 2 tenths of a second faster than me. Only problem was he didn't kill any of the good guys. For anyone listening out there, go for the head shot on that center target. It's the safe money here.

Time 11.43, 20 penalty points, hf 3.237.

Live and learn I guess!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I shot this for the third time this year. This one keeps showing up everywhere!! Decent run with 67 pts. in 6.43 with a 10.419 hf. Only 96% in open. Clint

Seems like it should be better, doesn't it?? :) Roughly the same run I shot at the Nationals...