Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What type of chair do you use while reloading?

PistolPete

I know this is a weird topic but I just bought a new reloading bench and it is several inches higher than my old bench. Plus, I'm adding the strong mounts to my 650 so it will be even that much higher. With this I won't be able to use the same chair I've been using. I'm just curious what type of chair everyone is using. I'm prob. going to buy a tall computer style chair without any arms.

Thanks,

Pete

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete- Does that mean that you got your 650 running??? I have one chair that isn't tall enough to see into the cases so I put an old screwgun case on top of it. As long as you can see the powder in the case and operate the handle, you should be good to go.

.40AET- I kinda have it running now. The primer cam was all worn down and causing the primer assembly not to rotate. I have a new one being sent to me from Dillon and it isn't here yet. I have a match on Sunday so I'll have to load some ammo on it tomorrow because I won't have the new part. I did lower the position of the cam for the time being and it seems like that may help a bit. If it wasn't for the people on this board then I would prob. never get the t hing running. LOL Thanks again!

I bought a new reloading bench that I know is going to work great but I'm debating about what to get for a chair. It's funny how some people do it standing but I know that would drive me nuts. I like being comfortable and high up so I can look into the case to check for powder.

Pete

At my 650/Rockchucker bench, I use a computer chair with the 5 roller wheels, a chair back, and arm rests.. For the shotshell bench I use a bar type stool that has a chair back. All of my presses are too low for me to stand, but the perfect height to use a chair. I don't have any issues with seating primers, bullets, etc. *shrug* I've always sat down at my loading bench, if I can do things without having sore feet, all the better :rolleyes:

Vince

Wow i'm shocked you guys stand while reloading not sure i could stand in one spot for a 45 minutes every couple of days

i use an office chair with full back and arm rests... arms not on arms rests though as one is indexing the other is pumping/putting brass in . i usually sit up and don't use the back much though... it's the same chair i'm in now :-)