Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4: Episode 5 (13Mar12)

first time with black powder,,no patch--

I'm surprised they shot unpatched balls myself.

I dont know much about black powder but I do know that would keep the ball from rolling out. Pirates would have had a heck of a time keeping their balls in place. I can't wait till next week to see what little John does.

Quote of the week: "He's half cocked and de-balled!" roflol.gif

One thing I noticed in the elimination challenge is that both shooters stayed right at or slightly behind the window, which meant that they were constantly losing targets. Wouldn't it have made more sense to get slightly ahead of the window and take 2 or 3 targets from one position in a pie pattern?

BB

That elimination prop was cool..... I'd love to shoot that

They couldn't shoot on the move very well.. I couldn't understand why they'd only shoot straight as well.. maybe that was a rule?

ETA: the guy that couldn't pull the trigger.. he was up there so long... I was cracking up..

Edited by D.Hayden

These are the best of the best, TOPSHOT. don't question their shooting method. They are highly trained skilled shooters. The fact that they cannot shoot and move, adjust for depth, hold a gun or reload in a hurry is beside the point. :sight:

Quote of the week: "He's half cocked and de-balled!"

I was not going to say it but I loved that--

I have four black powder rifles,and never,never have I shot a round ball without a patch,but I am no EXPERT..

Quote of the week: "He's half cocked and de-balled!" roflol.gif

My wife was trying to figure out why I was laughing so hard. I had to go back three times.

Those crashes into the side of the platform were "Wipeout" quality as well.

Not using patches surprised me also as it would have kept the ball in the barrel and kept them from performing an unsafe act.

I was cringing when they were putting a ball back in and tamping it down with the rod while it was loaded/cocked and there was 4F in the flashpan? :surprise:

I can't believe the expert/producers/safety people let that happen?

Neal in AZ

Not using patches surprised me also as it would have kept the ball in the barrel and kept them from performing an unsafe act.

I was cringing when they were putting a ball back in and tamping it down with the rod while it was loaded/cocked and there was 4F in the flashpan? :surprise:

Neal in AZ

Maybe they (expert/producers/safety people) didn't trust them with both a pistol and a knife....

OK, if no one else is going to say it, I will. What the heck is wrong with LJ? Is he running some kind of hustle? Throwing these things on purpose trying to get into an elimination challenge then beating the other guy and getting $2000? It's like he stood there giving the other team a chance to get ahead but had to give up because he'd already wasted 10 min?

And why didn't Chee get put into the elimination. He lost that challenge for them, pure and simple. He may have ultimately made the shot but swinging across a gap that small is just not that tough.

BTW, I think the reason for not using patches was safety. Using a patch can add a lot of resistance and if you mess up the load you can wedge the ball in the barrel.

Neal in AZ

Maybe they (expert/producers/safety people) didn't trust them with both a pistol and a knife....

You know I actually thought of that. Trying to cut the patch on the clock would be dangerous with these inexperienced shooters.

OK, if no one else is going to say it, I will. What the heck is wrong with LJ?

I think he is also! What's better, going home with nothing in your pocket or going home with as many $2,000 dollar gift cards as possible, and possibly a lot of gift cards and 100k.

And why didn't Chee get put into the elimination. He lost that challenge for them, pure and simple. He may have ultimately made the shot but swinging across a gap that small is just not that tough.

While it did take some time for him to get up on the platform, he did hustle every time, and because of the hustle they were only put behind by just 1 shot. Where as the last two red team shooters had Multiple times to hit their targets as LJ was "dropping the ball" but they just couldn't commit.

Edited by DocMedic

Littlejon has GOT to be throwing these things. He's GOTTA be after the cards. There's just no way someone can do as poorly as he does then win the challenges.

I noticed the safety bars on the moving port as well. I still think a solid "B" coulda cleared those jars with ease. and would have had to wait for more targets to appear.

Littlejon has GOT to be throwing these things. He's GOTTA be after the cards. There's just no way someone can do as poorly as he does then win the challenges.

I noticed the safety bars on the moving port as well. I still think a solid "B" coulda cleared those jars with ease. and would have had to wait for more targets to appear.

I think so? I think he's really that bad. He only beat Colin by 1 target in the Week 4 Elimination challenge, and Colin gave him plenty of time to get the job done. He hasn't done well with any weapon that I can remember, and he doesn't handle stress well at all.

I think Red Team made a good choice, Chee is one of their best and will help them avoid being assimilated later. (was he injured and skipped that day when he was a Marine and they had the rope swing? :roflol: )

I agree. Chee may not be Top Rope Swinger, but he could be the best marksman on the show. I think he would have easily eliminated either of the other 2 guys, but why take that chance. He is a valuable asset to the red team as long as they don't have any more rope challenges.

STOP! Unload and show clear. If clear, hammer down, Holster.

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

In all fairness to Iggy, he had his finger out of the trigger guard until the very last second, but it did go in before he hit the slide release.

IMG_4826.jpg