Lightweight strikers?

Magsz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told I would get a replacement when they get them back in stock. I didn't send mine back they just asked for a photo & my order/invoice number.

Lone wolf emailed me friday and said a redesigned batch would be ready this coming week. The rear leg will still have holes, but will be recessed. Oh well, I'll try it and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I ordered one of these fancy jager strikers based on the responses from this thread and installed it today. It is going to be getting either returned or sold. Trigger pull became gritty and the reset was sticky(best way I can describe it). I tried it in my Vanek equipped frame and my stock G35 frame, inside of my g35 and g24 slide, with Vanek modified spring cups and stock cups, with the Vanek supplied striker spring and with the included striker spring. I definitely did not like what it did to the gun in any of these configurations.

Anyone else notice this?

Just a FYI:

I bought waktasz's jager striker, knowing all about his issues with it. It runs just fine in my G34 and G35. Might have been just a difference in tolerances between his set up and mine.

I ordered one of these fancy jager strikers based on the responses from this thread and installed it today. It is going to be getting either returned or sold. Trigger pull became gritty and the reset was sticky(best way I can describe it). I tried it in my Vanek equipped frame and my stock G35 frame, inside of my g35 and g24 slide, with Vanek modified spring cups and stock cups, with the Vanek supplied striker spring and with the included striker spring. I definitely did not like what it did to the gun in any of these configurations.

Anyone else notice this?

Just a FYI:

I bought waktasz's jager striker, knowing all about his issues with it. It runs just fine in my G34 and G35. Might have been just a difference in tolerances between his set up and mine.

In my experience, those tolerances can play hob......

As a result my guns have gradually moved back, closer and closer to stock triggers. I'll take reliability over lightness every day of the week...

I have 5k+ rounds on a lightning strike titanium striker. I switch it back and forth between a 9mm open gun and .40 Limited gun. It has worked flawlessly and lights off everything except wolf primers. I do have a lightened striker spring in it. I primarily use CCI Small RIfle primers which are pretty hard. It looks brand new and has held up extremely well.

I have tried two Lone Wolf Lightened strikers. Both broke with in 1 month at the same place. The vendor I got them from replaced the first at no charge. They credited me the second one. The gun counter guy says he has had a 30% failure rate on them. He won't recommend them. Now I won't either.

I now run a Jager. I also have a titanium striker and it runs excellent.

Dave

Edited by nc12215

• 6 years later...
On 2/26/2012 at 12:27 PM, Magsz said:

Hey guys, i ran a search, found a decent amount of information on lightened strikers but ive been unable to narrow down which striker could be regarded as the "best" for my particular needs.

Here is what i require.

1. An extended tip as this is supposed to be the key to igniting primers with 100% reliability. The weight reduction alone isnt supposed to accomplish this unless i am wrong with that statement.

2. I would prefer a striker that is as durable as the factory if that is even possible when going to a lightened striker.

3. Cost is somewhat of an issue. I REALLY dont want to spend 100 bucks on a darned striker as i need to purchase three for my stable of guns. I will plunk down the money IF necessary but i would prefer not to...im sure you guys hear me. :)

I tend to run 4.5 lb wolf striker springs and i am having a 1% failure rate right now. I would like to do what i can to do away with this as a failure to ignite mid stage adds time and well, adding time is probably NOT what we want in this game. :)

What are your thoughts on TI coated strikers versus pure stainless steel?

Also, this is a bit subjective but how do these lightweight strikers change trigger feel?

Thanks for the assistance!

Use federal primers

Have had good experience with jager as well. With 4.5lb Wolff spring it’s reliable but spring needs to be replaced every few thousand rounds to keep it 100% with all primers.  5lb spring will set anything off all the time imo. 

Edited by Tnbb33

I just put a jager in mine this week. With a 4lb striker spring it lit off both win and cci primers. Before this with the stock striker I’d only get maybe 50% reliability with those brands, I had to use strictly federal. So I’m happy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Jager in my 34 and broke the tip off by dry firing without a snap cap. Jager got me a new one in less than a week and I sold it. It’s a good product but I’m lazy in dry fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the Zev lightened striker in my 34 for a few weeks now. Had maybe a 2-4% light strike rate with the 2lb spring. I switched it out to the 3lb spring and haven't had an issue since. Now, I've only put a couple hundred rounds through the gun with the 3lb spring, but that's a decent sample size in my book. Less than 0.5% failure rate at least. Keep in mind that I have the Zev ultimate adjustable trigger kit though, if that makes any difference. 

5 hours ago, zander1555 said:

I've been using the Zev lightened striker in my 34 for a few weeks now. Had maybe a 2-4% light strike rate with the 2lb spring. I switched it out to the 3lb spring and haven't had an issue since. Now, I've only put a couple hundred rounds through the gun with the 3lb spring, but that's a decent sample size in my book. Less than 0.5% failure rate at least. Keep in mind that I have the Zev ultimate adjustable trigger kit though, if that makes any difference. 

What Zev calls a 2# spring is a 4# spring and what they call a 3# spring is a 5# spring. A Glock will not properly  function with a 2# or 3# FPS.

Just now, JBP55 said:

What Zev calls a 2# spring is a 4# spring and what they call a 3# spring is a 5# spring. A Glock will not properly  function with a 2# or 3# FPS.

Interesting - I didnt know this at all. I'm sure if I switched from CCI to softer Winchester primers, I probably wouldn't have trouble with the lighter spring. Next time I need primers I'll give Winchesters a try again. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2012 at 10:57 PM, Magsz said:

Did you do any trigger weight measurements before and after?

a  lighter  striker  spring  is  a  chain«,s  link when it comes to  achieves  a reduced  trigger  break weight... i  always  used  lightened  strikers in my   game glocks  ,and  because of that  ,as  well  as  other  mods,  i'm  getting a  nice  and  clean 2.3lbs  trigger  break weight, which   makes  the  guns  easier  to  keep in the A  in  double  taps  mode.  no  problems with WSP's  , but  there's  no  shortage  of  FSP  primers  in my  area,,and i    use  them    for  the  games.....otherwise,  i«,m  loading  winchester primers  for  my  range ammo,  and  i  rarely  gets  a  light  strikes if  anything 

Hello: I am not so sure that the Zev striker springs are actually stronger than a Wolff 4lb spring. I tried the Zev 2lb and had light strikes with my setup. I tried the 3lb spring and it worked fine. I then tried the 4lb Wolff and the trigger pull was a little stronger. The Zev striker works very well giving good primer hits and a little deeper than the titanium Lightening Strike striker with the same spring setup. Thanks, Eric