Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Finale

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I saw incorrectly, but after everyone on the right side got eliminated and Mike had a re-shoot, didn't they make adjustments on the scopes? Shouldn't that be a re-shoot for all the previous competitors?

Did anyone film the event, or was there a no cameras policy?

Ladies & gentlemen your 3 GunNation champion ..... Tommy " Tommy Gun" Thacker!!!!

Without taking a single thing from everyone who make the finals, we could not ask for a better guy to have won. Tommy has worked long and hard to elevate our sport to this level.....so much he has to actually show up at SHOT in a suit!

Congrats to Tommy and to all who were able to make the finals. It was a big win for 3-gunners in general in my opinion.

I REALLY wish I had made it down to watch. I got up at 0430 hrs. to go to work and it was -40 degree windchill. Nasty!

I don't know if I saw incorrectly, but after everyone on the right side got eliminated and Mike had a re-shoot, didn't they make adjustments on the scopes? Shouldn't that be a re-shoot for all the previous competitors?

Did anyone film the event, or was there a no cameras policy?

I was too cold to take my hands out of my pockets for anything other than a drink of my free beer;)

Congrats to Tommy! He laid down 4 very impressive runs.

I'm not sure how many people were there that are 3 gunners besides the final 8. I only recognized about a dozen or so from the crowd milling around. Where we were standing, based on the comments, very few had any idea what the shoot-off was about, what the rules were or who the shooters were. But there was no gag order. I saw several issues, however, my "constructive criticism" is going to those who were in charge instead of being posted in a manner that will likley not be beneficial to anyone.

This doesn't damage the sport from an outside perspective, its damage is internal to the participants. I hope there is a good explanation & respect afforded to the participants. Is it possible the connections & support from companies will allow the 3GN machine to run on its own now with out that regard?.....

Edited by RufDog

Mark, I was there too. Saw a few other 3 gunners. It was awesome under the lights.

James saw you, I'm too short :)

Yep, the tracers were very cool. We were talking about how a few times one or two misses stacked up and looked like a flare right behind the target. Also the bright flash when the plates were hit. I can't imagine how that would mess with sight picture through a scope with the lighting.

When KC was shooting, all the shards of jacket falling down made some of the folks around us (with no eye or ear protection) duck.

Patrick F. is quite the showman too, pretty impressive in person. We were glad we went!

Congrats to Tommy! He laid down 4 very impressive runs.

I'm not sure how many people were there that are 3 gunners besides the final 8. I only recognized about a dozen or so from the crowd milling around. Where we were standing, based on the comments, very few had any idea what the shoot-off was about, what the rules were or who the shooters were. But there was no gag order. I saw several issues, however, my "constructive criticism" is going to those who were in charge instead of being posted in a manner that will likley not be beneficial to anyone.

+1

Did a gag order get put on this deal? What was going on with the scopes being rezeroed after three guys from the same side were eliminated very soundly??? Anyone???

Unbelievable that they would rezero one rifle without giving a reshoot to everyone who had already shot that rifle. Especially considering that the issue was apparent enough that when a rezero was requested, it was granted. Unfortunate and easily avoidable......

I gotta wonder about the accuracy of the tracer ammo. :unsure:

It would be interesting to group some on paper.

One of the problems with the format using "pickup" guns is they get tossed around a little by each competitor. Not so much an issue with the pistols or shotguns but surely with the scoped rifles. Wish I could think of a solution to the problem.

Edited by Blockhead

I gotta wonder about the accuracy of the tracer ammo. :unsure:

It would be interesting to group some on paper.

One of the problems with the format using "pickup" guns is they get tossed around a little by each competitor. Not so much an issue with the pistols or shotguns but surely with the scoped rifles. Wish I could think of a solution to the problem.

No stage guns. Competitors use their own gear.