Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lifespan of Custom 2011

stein

I've had a Bedell Custom .40 Limited gun for 11 years. It has thousands and thousands of rounds through it and shoots as well now as it did when I first purchased it. It's probably the best investment I've ever made in a firearm.

I have a 2011 that is 18 years old.

I'm 23 and I've shot the piss out of it since it got built.

You had it made when you were 3? :o

I checked my records and I built that gun back in 97, so we're off a couple of years, but it's old nonetheless. The only things that were changed in it over the years were:

- barrel. Cameron wanted to go 9Major instead of Super. The old barrel was still fully-serviceable, despite the 115 and 124 grain Major loads.

- Scope mount. He wanted a 90-degree.

Other than that, the gun is pretty much "as built".

(While Cameron was pre-pubescent, I shot the piss out of it for him....)

score!

Holy Hell! If there is any better evidence that the math requirements to get through school are too lenient, I don't know where you would find it! :roflol:

score!

Holy Hell! If there is any better evidence that the math requirements to get through school are too lenient, I don't know where you would find it! :roflol:

:P

23-18=5 years old Boss

Still very young to shooting though

I shot it for the first few years of its life. (We're a little crazy in Georgia, but we don't give our toddlers raceguns. A Squirrel Rifle...maybe.)

Edited by Braxton1

I shot it for the first few years of its life. (We're a little crazy in Georgia, but we don't give our toddlers raceguns. A Squirrel Rifle...maybe.)

I don't know, kids can do some pretty amazing things. Did you see the youtube video of the little 6 year old girl playing "Sweet Child Oh Mine" on the electric guitar? I guess fire arms are a little more risky than musical instruments though. B)

I have an original open hard chromed 38 Super Comp 2011 built by Vergil Trip (TRI) in 1992. It's 20 years old now and has 260,000+ rounds down the original barrel and still groups 1.5 to 2" @ 25 yds.(200,000+ major & 60,000+ minor) The only thing that was redone 5 years ago was a total hard chrome job and of course refitting the barrel to the slide and the slide to the frame, also enhancing the trigger pull to 2#'s. Have changed out the recoil & mainsprings over the years. Have changed out the scope last year to a Aimpoint CompC SM 7 MOA, was able to get a brand new one(lucky me). If my groups start going 2+ inches then I'll change out the barrel. Don't see another new one in the future, by then I'll be too old to shoot (66 now). I'll pass it on to one of my nephews. Can't say anything about the new STI 2011s' but this one had no MIM parts and the best parts at the time and put together by one of the best gun-builders around. No problems whatsoever just shoots and shots and shoots. Too bad that I was never as good as the gun was and is.

My first limited gun has around 85,000K on it and still going. STI frame and slide, Schuemann barrel, and various manufacturer internals. Built by local gunsmith. The only thing changed has been the front sight and one sear.

I started shooting when I was 4, not a big deal imo. I know of one 2011 with 200,000+ rounds on it and the slide finally cracked. As far as I know all of the rounds were major 38 super.

Edited by Whoops!