Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how much handgun ammo did you shoot last year?

ProGunGuy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot as many as I can afford, how do all you guys even count them?

On Jan 1, I count the bullets I have on hand.When I receive bullet orders, I add them to the count above.I do the math on Jan 1 of the next year, count what I have and the difference between that and what I had plus what I bought is how many I loaded. Add back in what's loaded and not shot.

• 4 weeks later...

Well not a beginner but probably like 8 K and my normal pace to win is a 2 before that 8.

My first year I kept track and it was 57K but in that day nobody helped you, there were no DVD, books, classes, internet, etc

With a basic book I could have probably cut that round count in half and get the same results.

2012 was my first year competing, shot around 30-35k. If you count .22 then it is closer to 45k. Made A in SS. You serious with the videos and stuff can cut that round count in half with same results? I watch youtube and read this site. Should I start ordering DVDs instead of bullets?

I don't know exactly how much I personally shot, but between me, my kids, wife, brothers and friends going shooting, I went through about:

9mm 9,500

.40 3,500

.45acp 8,000

.223/5.56 11k

12ga, 2k

20ga, 1500

.410 600?

.22LR, +-10k

Range days normally consist of 6-7 of us, and we burn well over 1000 rounds of various calibers, at the minimum. If I or my brothers are training for a match, we'll easily shoot that many for each of us.

Curiously enough, hunting is a very low round-count activity :) even bird hunting sees us shooting as little as possible.

My brothers and I all chip in for reloading supplies/components, and use what we and family/friends can.

Train hard, fight/compete easy. Train early, develop and maintain basic skills :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I may be on the wrong site. I feel completely outclassed.

Total, including the 1000 round self defense class I took I've probably got 2500 rounds of 9mm. But then again, I was a full time college student, worked full time, have 4 kids, I'm married, my wife works 2nd shift and weekends, and the public dump we used to be able to shoot at has been posted no guns.

Needless to say I didn't get a lot of range time. if I can find a good, solid, consistent supplier of bullets, powder, and primers, I'd like to atleast double that this year with training alone, and probably another 1500 - 2500 for matches.

, but the local indoor range doesn't allow reloads.

That's wild. I've never heard of a range like that.

Gander Mountains indoor range won't allow reloads. or holster work, or rapid fire (though I've shot quite rapidly in there many times. As long as you are hitting paper and back stop, they have never said a word)

The only thing I like is they have an electronic target system that you can setup to hold the target sideways then present it to you for a given amount of time, then snap back. I like it for doing double taps. I hold at low ready, it presents for like 2 sec and I work on presenting the weapon and getting 2 "A" zone hits in that time.