Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how much handgun ammo did you shoot last year?

ProGunGuy

I really only have time to shoot on weekends and hit a few major matches last year. I shot about 1500K .22 8000K .45 500 9mm. I'm going to start shooting 3 gun this year so I see my round count increasing significantly in 2012.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt have the time to shoot much last year but when I did it was about 7k for sure between 5 caliber's! Maybe more, I did shoot in a few IDPA comps and practice a few times last year.. I still havnt found a pet load I like and I did get a new AR so it should be more this year! Have fun and be safe peeps... :cheers:

• 1 month later...

How do you guys find so much time to shoot! I'm probably only in the 5-7k range including rifle and shotgun! I can't imagine shooting 20k + in a year, but I'd sure like to find out what it's like:)

Depends on what you want to do. Sometimes just one mag of 9mm is sufficient for that range trip. Then their are the shotgun sports of 5 stand,skeet and trap. Right now I'm running 300-400 rounds a week of 12ga just to get a consistent 20 out of 25 in trap and I've yet to spend a day just on 5 stand or skeet.

One reason for switching from revolver to the 9mm is I'm about out of 45acp. Only have about 1,000 rounds left and that's barely enough to cover 2 matches plus practice for those matches. Honestly I don't want to think about how much ammo I use because the next thing I'll think about is the money I've spent. Too late.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great question. I saved my Primer box ends since 1995 and have just over 60 but I took almost 10 years off. I also started dating them since returning in gusto to the shooting sports in 2011.

I went through 12K smalls and 7K large. The smalls are split between 9mm 40 and about 1K of 45 while the larges are all .45 ACP.

There is also a smattering of odd calibers and some purchased ammo that does amount to much perhaps another 1K or so.

So getting better but I have two of those little people (AKA kids) that think Ammo is FREE. But hey they only grow up once and I am having fun shooting with them.

George