Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A trip to Infinity!

Rick Stone

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pipe Down Roy. You have caused us enough trouble!

My Infinities are getting a little old. The new ones coming out from Brandon have enough bling to satisfy even Roy. And that is saying a lot! He could be a pimp in Detroit with all his bling!

That is one mighty fine looking gun!

A detailed striping and cleaning, with all of the appropiate locktites (3), lubes (2) and checks (about a dozen).

locktites?

Please describe

In the reassembly of an Infinity pistol, three different versions of loctite are used. Loctite 242-medium strength, 262-high strength, 290-medium strength wicking.

Hey Lee,

Just tell 'em like I do......If you want it and have the $$, then SV will build it for you. You just have to ask. Rick was too embarrassed to show the pink bunny slippers with the SV logo on them that he ordered to match his PJ's but I hear that they make him feel special!!!!

PJ-wait till you see our titanium nitrate coated magazines that are being done as speak......hehehehe...talk about bling. Yeah, babay!!!Cause that's how we role when you live South of 8 Mile in the D. Of course if you keep going south, you end up in Windsor Ontario Canada but that's a whole nother story.

Remember-even if you don't shoot well all the time, you do have to look good and a big SV hanging in the holster goes a long way to improving anyone's overall look. Even yours PJ. Just think if we blinged up your IMM. Now that would be hot!!!!! And you could join the Big Pimping Ain't Easy Club.

Richard Davis named himself El Supremo, so now I have Pimp Daddy Roy.................Thanks PJ!!!

Hey Lee,

Just tell 'em like I do......If you want it and have the $$, then SV will build it for you. You just have to ask. Rick was too embarrassed to show the pink bunny slippers with the SV logo on them that he ordered to match his PJ's but I hear that they make him feel special!!!!

PJ-wait till you see our titanium nitrate coated magazines that are being done as speak......hehehehe...talk about bling. Yeah, babay!!!Cause that's how we role when you live South of 8 Mile in the D. Of course if you keep going south, you end up in Windsor Ontario Canada but that's a whole nother story.

Remember-even if you don't shoot well all the time, you do have to look good and a big SV hanging in the holster goes a long way to improving anyone's overall look. Even yours PJ. Just think if we blinged up your IMM. Now that would be hot!!!!! And you could join the Big Pimping Ain't Easy Club.

Richard Davis named himself El Supremo, so now I have Pimp Daddy Roy.................Thanks PJ!!!

Roy - You under estimate me!!! If I had the pink bunny slippers with the SV logo, this is the first place I would show them, jammies and all. However, it is clear that we have one thing in common, "It's not how you feel, it's how you look". Although I will not be able to stand up to you, the most recently minted "Pimp" in Detroit, I will have a new techwear shirt with some junk on it next season.

I do have to respectfully disagree with all of the wise participating members of this topic who have known you for longer than I have. I stand by my earlier assertion that I said to you, you are our "Shooting Divo", not a mere pimp. Our much much-admired shooting celeberty (male). If you were truely a pimp, according to George Patton you would have pearl handles on all of your SV's.

Hey Lee,

Who is doing the titanium nitrate coating for you. I have asked several places on this forum and I'm always sent to a site in Europe.

i count 11 designs saved in my gunbuilder profile.

The stupid thing is that the date from the 1st design to the one i finally went with is about 8 months.

Way too much hemming and hawing, I could have had it much sooner if I'd been a bit more decisive about it.

Does that mean you did order a pistol?

indeed I did.

This is mine. Still not a 100% sure about the serrations. Maybe I just need tougher hands.

201.jpg

I have the exact xcelerator serrations on my 5" gun and they ddon't bother me or my pants at all. Are you using the front or rear serrations to rack your slide? I use the front 99% of the time.

Roy - If you were truely a pimp, according to George Patton you would have pearl handles on all of your SV's.

Please, PLEASE don't give him any ideas! By May he'll have gold mags, pearl grips and a big honkin' hat with feathers sticking up from it. I'm not sure I could stand the sight of it all!

Do SVI doduble stacks normally come with flushed slide stop, not shown on this picture? or is flushed slide stop something that needs to be specified?

I like that little bit of slide stop pin to stick out. It gives me a tactile (not tactical :roflol: ) reference to put my trigger finger when reloading or moving. Some guys put a piece of skate tape there, but I use the the pin.

This is mine. Still not a 100% sure about the serrations. Maybe I just need tougher hands.

201.jpg

Yeah Digs.

After handling that bad boy in the safe area this weekend, you're right. You need to HTFU about your hands or let me shoot it for you while I'm waiting on mine.

It is a very nice blaster. :cheers:

I have the exact xcelerator serrations on my 5" gun and they ddon't bother me or my pants at all. Are you using the front or rear serrations to rack your slide? I use the front 99% of the time.

i use the front serrations except for make ready. its fine at a match, i dont even notice it for the few times ive run dry and had to rack it while on the course, but I dry fire ALOT and with a QB hammer I have to rack the slide from the front every single time.

entirely possible that my hands are getting tougher now.

Where does the Loc-tite go?

If you have an Infinity call them and they will tell you how to maintain your pistol. If you have an STI based build then it's different. Typically though, the grip screws, mag release button, optic mount, screw for slide racker, and the comp might use locktite. For the love of everything holy please don't go trying to take your comp off to re-locktite it though. Unless it's a TruBor setup, then it needs to be taken apart after every major match with a plasma cutter then put back on with gorilla glue and a banana peel.

make sure you coat the firing pin and slide stop pin with loc-tite :D

I didn't know you need to do that. I better get on that asap. Red Right? :roflol:

Ok seriously, nobody go putting that stuff on your gun if you are in anyway unsure where and how to use it.

By the way, that Infinity is a work of art. I keep talking myself out of ordering one because of the long wait. I think I'm just going to order one, I'm getting the impression it is well worth the wait.