Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets Load Data for 9mm

Darrell

Here is a pdf I created with all my test data for the Bayou Bullets in various 9mm pistols. Some polymer pistols tested good in the Ransom Rest, but the XDM didn't. I'll be doing some more test with new bench rest and merit optical device on my glasses so I can compare my old reading to my new ones. Enjoy and remember YMMV.

Bayou Bullet Load Data .pdf

This is excellent, thanks! Looks like I need to stay away from Bayou with my M&P Pro... thorough I like his bullets in my 1911's.

Consider trying out the 147s before writing them off in your M&P. Mine shoots the heavier bullets great.

This is excellent, thanks! Looks like I need to stay away from Bayou with my M&P Pro... thorough I like his bullets in my 1911's.

Consider trying out the 147s before writing them off in your M&P. Mine shoots the heavier bullets great.

OK - mine shoots some other moly/black bullets (147s) well, so that may hold true for me as well. Are you using a stock barrel? Thanks..

I'm using the Bayou 135gr in my Shadow and also use them in my 9 major open gun for Steel Matches. I shot some test groups at 15 yards with both guns and the accuracy is very good, the holes were all tied together call it a <1" but then again only 15 yards. Load was either 4.2gr of WST or 5.5gr of AutoComp. YMMV

I prefer the 135gr over the 147gr, just a recoil preference, the 147 flips less but hits harder in the palm, the 135 seems like a good compromise, that gives a bit snappier vs sluggish recoil pluse. YMMV

I'm using the Bayou 135gr in my Shadow and also use them in my 9 major open gun for Steel Matches. I shot some test groups at 15 yards with both guns and the accuracy is very good, the holes were all tied together call it a <1" but then again only 15 yards. Load was either 4.2gr of WST or 5.5gr of AutoComp. YMMV

I prefer the 135gr over the 147gr, just a recoil preference, the 147 flips less but hits harder in the palm, the 135 seems like a good compromise, that gives a bit snappier vs sluggish recoil pluse. YMMV

Any build up in the comp ?

Kay supposedly runs these at Major through her open gun, and Donnie said I would be pleased with them at Minor through a comp.. just looking for more feed back..

• 1 month later...

Here is a pdf I created with all my test data for the Bayou Bullets in various 9mm pistols. Some polymer pistols tested good in the Ransom Rest, but the XDM didn't. I'll be doing some more test with new bench rest and merit optical device on my glasses so I can compare my old reading to my new ones. Enjoy and remember YMMV.

Did you get the BB 135gr. resized from .356 to .357? (from notes in PDF for Shadow with TG Powder it appears)

Did you get the BB 135gr. resized from .356 to .357? (from notes in PDF for Shadow with TG Powder it appears)

I did and experiment trying some sized .357, and went back to .356. Wasn't much of an improvement to have to wait to get them sized different than normal.

• 11 months later...

excuse my forum board ignorance as Im typically very good at figuring out acronyms.....I have tried & tried with this one but it still has me stumped ???

YMMV Your Motives May Vary ??

Please help me !

Ohh & Thanks for the hard work Darrell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...