Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went to my gravel pit to try and practice for stage 2. I hope they are using a bigger car than my Pontiac Vibe. With my belt on I could not fit through the window very easy. But on a good note my windows and floorboards survived with out any bullets holes. My vibe has a center console that makes sliding over to the passenger side tough.

Schultz

I worked the PRO car stage last year where the shooters started with rifle in the car. Amazing how many gun malfunctions were encountered due the shooters not realizing the ejection port was against the passenger seat head rest when the guns were fired out the right side. I would imagine the shotguns may be the same depending on the right lateral target placement.

Edited by Mark R

Unfortunately, Michael and I are not going to be able to go to the match. :mellow: Hopefully, there are some lucky folks on the Pro waiting list that will be able to take our place. We have sent Linda & Gary a notice, so Linda will be looking at the waiting list.

Have fun, guys & gals.

Unfortunately, Michael and I are not going to be able to go to the match. :mellow: Hopefully, there are some lucky folks on the Pro waiting list that will be able to take our place. We have sent Linda & Gary a notice, so Linda will be looking at the waiting list.

Have fun, guys & gals.

Horsesh!t, there better be someone dead as to why you two aren't making it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Horsesh!t, there better be someone dead as to why you two aren't making it.

Thursday morning trip to hospital for emergency blood transfusion.

Does that count?

Feeling much better, but 3-5 week recoup period.

D O N O T G E T O L D ! ! ! ! !

Have fun, guys & gals.

How can we have a major match w/o you guys?. You and the Mister take care and we will see you at the next one.

Have fun, guys & gals.

How can we have a major match w/o you guys?. You and the Mister take care and we will see you at the next one.

Thanks much - I know we are missing out on a good match.

Have fun, guys & gals.

We are going to miss ya'll. Can you send some brownies?

Hurley

We are going to miss ya'll. Can you send some brownies?

Hurley

I think they would be a little nasty by the time they reached Rockcastle. Have fun, Hurley - we will miss you too.

Have fun, guys & gals.

Not the kind of news I like to hear. Make sure Michael gets well in time for the next round of fun. The year isn't over yet. Will miss you guys.

Craig

I have a few questions about the shoot. First I am shooting Amateur Open Division and am wondering as i usually run a xdm with a light attached in a kydex holster. Am I able to run this setup for the match? Will there be some sort of a list of the side matches? What was the cost last year to shoot the side matches? Do you have to bring your own ammo and guns for the side matches? On ar15.com I believe someone was talking about some sort of team match last year on Sunday? Also the match takes place over 2 days with us shooting a few stages each day is there some sort of scheduled time we have to arrive at the stages? I guess I am looking for some sort of daily overview? Thanks in advance for all the help.

I have a few questions about the shoot. First I am shooting Amateur Open Division and am wondering as i usually run a xdm with a light attached in a kydex holster. Am I able to run this setup for the match? Will there be some sort of a list of the side matches? What was the cost last year to shoot the side matches? Do you have to bring your own ammo and guns for the side matches? On ar15.com I believe someone was talking about some sort of team match last year on Sunday? Also the match takes place over 2 days with us shooting a few stages each day is there some sort of scheduled time we have to arrive at the stages? I guess I am looking for some sort of daily overview? Thanks in advance for all the help.

google search the website for the pro am and click on schedule. they have a tenative schedule on there and i am pretty sure it will follow pretty closely to that. as for the other questions they are good and i have no idea b/c this is my first year shooting also

Side matches should be listed at the match hotel like last year. They were around $5-10 I think and ammo was provided. Schedule and squads were assigned at sign in last year. Open means open as far as I know so your pistol setup should be fine. I hope LaRue brings BBQ again, that was awesome!

Last year you signed up for the Pro Clinics at registration.

If I remember correctly the side matches were mostly walk-in and little to no cost.

If the schedule is the same as last year there are gaps (fake sqauds) inserted into the schedle to allow you time to shoot side matches, watch other stages, get a bit to eat, I even went back to my hotel once.

For sure, it was very well organized/planned and all the info should be avalalble at registration.

Can't wait!

David E.