Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stages look great!

Since some will know the answers, can we all know the max distance for rifle shots in Pro? max slug distance?

Also, can we get an idea as to how the clay throwers work? Looks like a trap-like thrower. will they fly out basically in front of the shooter, like trap? will they fly one after the other, doubles, at random or what?

Thanks for great stages!

Jeff's car stage is evil...especially with an open tube gun.

Gonna be a blast!

Man I hope they use a BIGGER car this year! That little compact car with now tires/wheels and sitting on the frame last year was not fun to get in and out of. A lot more shooting from inside this year as well, may not be a "big" guy friendly one but fun!

Looks like they stepped up the stages this year! Wish I could stay until Sun so I could shoot Pro, no slugs and not much long range rifle on Am but the buckshot on stage 1 looks fun.

Question on stage 6, calls for 22 but only 12 plates- I assume that means there will be 10 thrown clays? Ouch, I better figure that part out!

Stages look great!

Since some will know the answers, can we all know the max distance for rifle shots in Pro? max slug distance?

Also, can we get an idea as to how the clay throwers work? Looks like a trap-like thrower. will they fly out basically in front of the shooter, like trap? will they fly one after the other, doubles, at random or what?

Thanks for great stages!

I will not know the exact max distances on rifle flasher tgts until we set the steel. Right now I'm thinking in the 300 to 350 yd range. The slug tgt distances will be 50 to 75 yds.

The trap is a Promatic sporting clays trap. The tgts will fly perpendicular to the firing line. The trap will activate on the start signal and throw ten clays one every two seconds in the Pro match. This stage is all Kurt Miller's and I'm looking forward to shooting it!

Jeff's car stage is evil...especially with an open tube gun.

Gonna be a blast!

Man I hope they use a BIGGER car this year! That little compact car with now tires/wheels and sitting on the frame last year was not fun to get in and out of. A lot more shooting from inside this year as well, may not be a "big" guy friendly one but fun!

Looks like they stepped up the stages this year! Wish I could stay until Sun so I could shoot Pro, no slugs and not much long range rifle on Am but the buckshot on stage 1 looks fun.

Question on stage 6, calls for 22 but only 12 plates- I assume that means there will be 10 thrown clays? Ouch, I better figure that part out!

Ten clay tgts is correct.

This is going to be awesome! I can't wait

Think they kept a car stage in just for us Jimmy?

Maybe they'll feel generous and give us a Lincoln or Cadillac

I have put in a request for two LARGE cars.

This is going to be awesome! I can't wait

Think they kept a car stage in just for us Jimmy?

Maybe they'll feel generous and give us a Lincoln or Cadillac

I have put in a request for two LARGE cars.

Thank goodness!

Stages look great!

Thanks for great stages!

I will not know the exact max distances on rifle flasher tgts until we set the steel. Right now I'm thinking in the 300 to 350 yd range. The slug tgt distances will be 50 to 75 yds.

The trap is a Promatic sporting clays trap. The tgts will fly perpendicular to the firing line. The trap will activate on the start signal and throw ten clays one every two seconds in the Pro match. This stage is all Kurt Miller's and I'm looking forward to shooting it!

Perpendicular, as in strait up "Springing Teal" style?