Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

One of the folding big-butt lawn chairs would most likely be more useful than one of those old timer gear carts. It'd give someone a relatively tickless place to sit when they weren't shooting or resetting the stages.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year the cart we brought was extraneous. You can do the entire match off the back of your vehicle. It would have been more work to set up the cart and go to the stage than to just take what you need from the trunk. I used a Safariland 3-gun bag to have somewhere to set my rifle and shotgun when we showed up to the stage, that was it.

That's music to my ears. My car makes for a pretty roomy 3-gun cart, all things considered. :D

One of the folding big-butt lawn chairs would most likely be more useful than one of those old timer gear carts. It'd give someone a relatively tickless place to sit when they weren't shooting or resetting the stages.

truer words never spoken, a chair would be handy.

Quick question about the safety rules for this match...

The rules require long guns to bagged or carried/slung with muzzle in a safe direction, but don't say anything about carts. If I am using a cart, am I good? Can I move the guns to the cart at he car, or only in a safe area?

The rules also specify action open on long guns. Is bolt down on a chamber flag also acceptable?

Looking forward to the match!

You can carry long guns with action open or closed on a chamber flag. I like using chamber flags but I know some don't.

Gary do you have any idea when we might see a squad list?

Thank you.

Since Linda is doing stats you probably won't see a squad list till you sign in. IIRC she has said that its easier for her to shift things around if need be by not putting out a squad list since there is such a possibility of people dropping out and squads changing.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

The 64 shooters in Pro are going to be in Tac Optics this match for their points right? Or did I mis-read some where

Unless they decide to shoot Open and forgo any chance of picking up points.

Per the semi pro rules if shooters want to get semi pro points they have to shoot pro side in this match. Can a person register for the pro match and shoot open?

I expect that is a question that 3 Gun Nation will have to answer.

Per the semi pro rules if shooters want to get semi pro points they have to shoot pro side in this match. Can a person register for the pro match and shoot open?

Im not with 3GN, but i see no reason why not. The Semi-pro division is recognizing more than just Tac-Ops. The only stipulation for the Pro-Am match is that you cannot shoot the Am side and still get 3GN series points in Semi-pro.

The round count for the match is as follows:

PRO--> 88 rifle, 98 pistol, 80 shot, & 6 slugs for a total of 272 rds

AM---> 80 rifle, 74 pistol, 75 shot, & 3 buckshot for a total of 232 rds.

The round count is based on the assumption of one shot per steel/clay and two per paper. The count will also vary as the shooter will have options on which gun to use on some tgts. There are 30 rifle flasher tgts in the match.

The Pro clinic instructors/designers have done a great job providing ideas for the stages. On the ground setup starts next week.

Well Im going to make someones season maybe. I had to pull out of this. Had to spend 4 days in the hospital and close to two weeks off work. I will be back to 100% but not for a couple more weeks maybe. Between the lost vacation days, lost pay and incoming bills reality bites. I had hotel reservations since last November for this and it was my personal white whale. I am already plotting for next year but that doesnt make it any easier. Just have to finish the year with local stuff and pistol matches. Next season I will add at least one more major to make up.

I have to unsubscribe to this thread to not remind me what Im about ready to miss. Piss.

Have a good match.