Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buds Gun Shop in KY

Anybody had any dealing with them? Just checking the hive. I get a few emails every once in a while, but haven't done business.

I have bought many guns from them. I live 5 minutes from their retail store and go to there frequently as well as shoot their indoor USPSA matches sometimes. Wouldnt hesitate to buy from them at all.

They seem to have a good reputation from what I have read at some other online forums.

Between them & Able Ammo, they have the best deals on guns.

The other thing I find is that they have some of the competition models that a lot of the Local Gun Shops don't carry.

I try to buy local but if they don't have the model I want and can't get it through their distributor, I would buy from Buds or Able.

Edited by warpspeed

I've done business with them a couple of times and always got my stuff. They are slow, but it shows up.

That being said, one of my FFLs won't deal with transfers form them anymore, and another warns you strongly that any discrepancies are your problem and although he'll handle shipping to sort it out, you are paying for it as he has nothing to do with the problem. Talking to both separately, they have had a handful of customers where the wrong stuff arrived. I think the main issue they had is that buds will put up the wrong picture for an item frequently, then paste in an item description for say the 8 varieties of gun model X, and ifyou don't know the particular SKU, you can think you are ordering something you aren't. One of them also had at least one incident of being shipped a similar but not identical sku to what was on the invoice.

I guess if you don't know what you are ordering that would be one thing, or the exact details of it. I am more in the market for a gen 3 glock. The two local stores have gen 4 17's but that is it. I have already burnt my gssf buy at GT distributors so it is not an option. I guess someone online is my option now.

I have purchased several pistols from them and all transactions went very well. Just be aware of what your FFL will charge for the transfer ($15 here ) and be certain of the item. Generally speaking if the total difference is not that great from a LGS I will purchase from my LGS.

Knowledgable staff and competitive prices prices. They have some great instructors on staff, too.

..and don't forget Corey E, too. :devil:

ETA: Corey: good friend, great instructor. Just in case someone thought I was serious. Hard to tell on Internet ... :blush:

Edited by Steve Umansky

Knowledgable staff and competitive prices prices. They have some great instructors on staff, too.

ETA: Corey: good friend, great instructor. Just in case someone thought I was serious. Hard to tell on Internet ... :blush:

:lol:

I was going to say something about two great instructors and Corey, but I wasn't sure if people, including Corey, would get my sense of humor. I've been known to put my internet foot in my mouth a few times. :blush:

:lol:

I was going to say something about two great instructors and Corey, but I wasn't sure if people, including Corey, would get my sense of humor. I've been known to put my internet foot in my mouth a few times. :blush:

Corey pointed me to a Desert Eagle at Bud's thru this forum. Going to pick it up now. I mean RIGHT now at the FFL.He just called. Great deal. Thanks again Corey. :cheers:

I've been on the reciving end of customers firearms shipments from Bud's ,

I've never had any complaints concerning the quality or price of firearms shipped.

and on the FFL paper work end they get it right every time.

Same experience here.

I have bought two pistols from Bud's. I have bought accessories through them on eBay also, perfect service every time. My FLL guy mentioned he does a lot of business through them so they must be doing a pretty fair job.