Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TGO's Drillmaster Club

Jeeper

Doesn't seem like there's a category in which I could shoot the stuff I'd want to use, i.e. my everyday carry gun/gear. Can't shoot in Tactical since my open-top carry holster doesn't have a retention device. Can't shoot in Production since 1911s aren't allowed. Oh well.

Hi everyone,

Keith just e-mailed me stating that there was a little confusion about Rob's DrillMaster Shooting Club categories. I've changed the equipment categories page intro to the following to hopefully minimize any misunderstanding:

The DrillMaster Shooting Club™ categories of equipment are listed below. We are allowing ALL of the major disciplines (IDPA, IPSC, NRA, USPSA) as well as adding a few new categories under the DMSC discipline.

Sorry for any confusion!

Kip

I'm in. I was able to clean the Bianchi plates (Drill#1) my 6th time out. I shot an 89 (w/ minor pf) and then 3 97s (both major and minor pf) on Drill #2 (light up an IPSC target at 7 yd. from the leather for 5 sec.) in Limited Div.

Kippi left out the fact that she slaughtered everyone on Drill #2 with a 110. She just walked up to the line and showed us how to do it. Maybe it ought to be the Kippi Leatham Club. ;)

• 2 years later...

I had it for a year and didn't re-up because I don't have time to practice.

If you do the drills it will improve your shooting; they are GOOD drills!

What ever will make you dry fire or practice is a good thing.

There are many messengers; you just have to find the one that works for you.

FM

I shoot the Drillmasters monthly match. It is amazing how simple the drills look on paper.

Shooting them on the other hand is anything but simple. It is a whole lot of fun to shoot with this bunch though. You really learn something every time out.

Do the drills require steel props more than a plate rack? I have access to a plate rack, a Texas Start, some fixed 12" plates and a dueling tree. I don't have any poppers or other steel props. If many of the drills require these, I will have to pass.

Do the drills require steel props more than a plate rack? I have access to a plate rack, a Texas Start, some fixed 12" plates and a dueling tree. I don't have any poppers or other steel props. If many of the drills require these, I will have to pass.

I have been shooting Drillmasters for 2 years now and have not shot a drill that used steel in it yet.

Most of the drill are easy to set up and look very simple. The thing about them is that they are very challenging to shoot! Rob sets them up and does mutiple runs trying to better his score.(always scoring)

After shooting these with Rob and Kippi it has become apparent to me that only someone with the experience of TGO could come up with such a simple looking but very challengening set of drills. Rob and Kippi are both amazing people and deserving of all that he has acomplished.

Join Drillmasters it is a bargin.

dcalvert

• 6 months later...