Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New grips and base pads for the 2016 season.. A friend got the Orange grips for me from Germany for Christmas. Have to say, I love this color combo.

23590412529_79571e7947_k.jpg

That gun is beautiful. But, is it production legal? The grip tape on the frame has me concerned.

Good question. I just looked it up on page 94 of the rule book, Appendix E4.. Looks like the thumb rest area grip tape is not production legal. The front and back strap are fine.

Edited by itzjere

That is what I was remembering too. Because that's why a bunch of glock shooters get in trouble, when they stipple their frames right there.

But in other news I still love your gun. If you don't mind, how much were those grips? You can only get them from CZ UB right?

That is what I was remembering too. Because that's why a bunch of glock shooters get in trouble, when they stipple their frames right there.

But in other news I still love your gun. If you don't mind, how much were those grips? You can only get them from CZ UB right?

Makes sense.. I'll just remove it. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, UB is what I've read and heard. In terms of price, I have no idea.. My friend got them for me for Christmas, I was never told, but I can easily find out. He tried to get me the Orange base pads as well, but you need an Orange SN to prove before you can buy those.

My next project...

a%20cz75.jpg

I'm very happy with how mine turned out. It started in a very similar condition. It's my main competition gun now as I found I liked it more than my Sp-01 Shadows.

post-50821-0-44611100-1451494026_thumb.j

Edited by tha1000

That looks great and I am like you, it's so easy to swing through the transitions and has just as good, if not a better, trigger than my Shadow. I redid an older BD several months ago and I just kept working with it trying different disco's, polishing, hammers, triggers and springs until I got a better trigger and reset than my Shadow and I have been using it only lately. Plus I just love restoring the older ugly guns that have not been treated well. The hot blue on my BD is already gone so I rust blued this one hoping for a little better wear. With a $400.00 total investment what could be the downside. Just a little elbow grease is all it takes.

Edited by bowenbuilt

That looks great and I am like you, it's so easy to swing through the transitions and has just as good, if not a better, trigger than my Shadow. I redid an older BD several months ago and I just kept working with it trying different disco's, polishing, hammers, triggers and springs until I got a better trigger and reset than my Shadow and I have been using it only lately. Plus I just love restoring the older ugly guns that have not been treated well. The hot blue on my BD is already gone so I rust blued this one hoping for a little better wear. With a $400.00 total investment what could be the downside. Just a little elbow grease is all it takes.

That pic was fresh from Birdsong after getting Black T'd. It probably has 15k draws on it since then. Black T wears more like a blue or nitride than it does a polymer coat. So I'm happy with it. I do need to grab a couple more pre b's just to stash away for future use.