Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my latest I plan to play with next week, it's my lightest Open gun yet

_20150531_075251_zpslrdcanc9.jpg

Man I really like this setup! I've always been anti slide mounted dot, but it was easy to draw, easy to track and very light! I'm going to mess around with a few of my other comps, but I definitely want to shoot my next match with this dot.

Here's my latest I plan to play with next week, it's my lightest Open gun yet

_20150531_075251_zpslrdcanc9.jpg

Man I really like this setup! I've always been anti slide mounted dot, but it was easy to draw, easy to track and very light! I'm going to mess around with a few of my other comps, but I definitely want to shoot my next match with this dot.

Who did the mount job on that? I'd like something similar on my P-09. Any chance I would be able to keep my iron sights on there as well in case of red dot failure? My P-09 isn't a comp gun. HD and tactical usage.

I see. Ok, thanks, Atlas. I guess if I'm going to want to toy around with a red dot, I'll have to be quite sure I want to do so. Do you find it more difficult to track the sight through the shot w/ the red dot mounted to the slide as opposed to a separate mount?

My birthday present from my wife. I throated the barrel to accept all my practice ammo, and will be replacing the safeties to the thin Rami style when they get here next week. It is an awesome firearm, and can't wait to start practicing with it. I have a classifier match this weekend so I will use the G34 as that is what I have been running, but as soon as it is over it is time to switch over.

post-2465-0-47687300-1433609029_thumb.jp

post-2465-0-21877300-1433609043_thumb.jp

My birthday present from my wife. I throated the barrel to accept all my practice ammo, and will be replacing the safeties to the thin Rami style when they get here next week. It is an awesome firearm, and can't wait to start practicing with it. I have a classifier match this weekend so I will use the G34 as that is what I have been running, but as soon as it is over it is time to switch over.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sounds like you have got yourself a keeper.

Here is my Accu Shadow with extended barrel, SSI Grips, I just fitted the thin "Rami" style safeties with Perman springs, put in the 8.5lb hammer spring and the trigger is even better which I didn't think that was possible. I am loving this setup:

d3d0f102929d2ca337958b3c3f4240d6.jpg

Atlas- How do you attach your comps while staying legal in CA. Handguns aren't allowed to have threaded barrels so how do you get around that rule?

I'm asking because I just moved to CA and want to build myself a nice O-10 gun for... reasons. I guess mainly just because it looks like a fun project for an aspiring shade tree gunsmith like myself.

One of the DOJ's definitions of an assault weapon is (4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip.

It's up to you and your lawyer how/if you want to comply with that.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hello Hopper,

I wouldn´t change that safety.

I had a Shadow with this wide safety and have now another one with the slim safety.

The wide safety is a perfect thumb rest, and if you want to shoot steel, or try it in Standard, you definitely will miss this thingy.

I would love to have my wider safeties back, they were a great application for me.